• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Issues 800 Mod

C
Jan 19, 2008
chugiak AK
Im haven an expensive problem with my sled shreden belts on a regular, like every 20 miles or so. Ive tyred everything i Can think of, Clutch alignment and deflection is on the nuts, motor mounts are good, jack shaft and driver checked and trued, rebuilt primary and secondary clutches. It happens when I hit about seventy the belt just blows up. I think its spoolen right of the clutch. Anybody got any Ideas?:confused:

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
Maybe need to gear up some iff it's going off the end of the primary. Get it back down where it can do some work. What gears do you have in it?

crossfire1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
check crank runout, may have a twisted/bent crank, making the drive clutch shake bad at higher speeds and overheat belts. runout(specs) on the crank is not much . check the shop manual , it was a bad problem on the 900's

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Use a felt tip pen and mark a couple lines on the clutch sheaves and take it for a run. If you wear the marker off to the top of the primary or bottom of the secondary sheaves, you are over-shifting. Maybe run a green sno-pro spring in the secondary and try a 35 belt instead of the 20. They do make an over-shift add on for the secondary. I don't remember who has it though. I don't know anything about the heel clicker helix, it may be that you have to space it out.

Premium Features