• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Test run on the sled today seems to run too high RPM any advice please

G
Dec 15, 2007
Just took the sled (2003 700 Rmk) out today to see how it ran after the stuff have added never ran it that much before i added slp air horn kit sno stuff can and slp prefilters with no stock filters i ran it 1/8 mile or so seemed to be little rich but better safe than sorry got 440s in it but what i did notice is that it seems to be running over 8000 rpm the first time i got on it i looked down and that i seen like 8400 or maybe even higher so i ran a few more times and held it right around 8000 cause i dont want to blow it up seems weired that it wants to run that high i have 10-62 weight in it with all the stock springs and helixes around 1500 feet does any have a clue on what is going on

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
It's making good power :)

You won't blow it up, the Polaris CDI has a limiter built in to it so that as you go over 8100 or so it starts to take timing out of the motor.

If you didn't rejet you actually probably are a little leaner than before with the airhorn and prefilters which could make more power and cause you to over rev.

Throw 10-64s at it and see if it holds closer to 8000 rpm.

Do you normally ride it at 1500 feet?

sled_guy

G
Dec 15, 2007
well that is just where i live other than that i ride the hills in south dakota around 5-7000 and like to ride larmie when i get the chance i think ill just have to try some 10-64 one of my buddies has some he said i could try so i guess thats what ill have to do the guy i bought the sled from said he ran
390s in it at this 1500 with everything stock so i figured just try 440s and see where im at thanks for the info guys

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ok, you are testing at 1500 and are going to ride at 5k plus. Don't change anything in the clutching, go ride it in the hills and see what it does.

Agree with winter brew, you didn't need to jet up that far for the changes you made.

sled_guy

G
Dec 15, 2007
sled_guy the kid i bought it from said he ran 10-56 in the hills and 10-62 here and its doing what it is i agree with u in trying the 10-62 in the hills polaris recomends 440s at this elevation but the kid i bought it from said 390s is what he ran i put 440s in it and did a few runs and check them they were not wet but a little darker than they needed to be so i dont know if i shouuld go only 1 size bigger than what he use to run so if any thing i think i might try some 420s and se where its at then again thanks for the info guys

Last edited:
Premium Features