• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 m7 mod issues

C
Feb 13, 2019
2005 m7 mod questions

Hello all! New poster and first post, so! due to life changing I hadn't touched my sled for quite some time. So I'm digging it out and going through the old girl and going to tackle some of the problems I was having and looking for some insight! It's an 05 m7. Here's a list
-D&D twin ceramic coated pipes single can
-factory air box on it right now but have a snopro air box for it
-supreme tool power valves (eg pressured)
-attitude industries fuel controller
-cutler secondary clutching
-racepack three window
Running ipone oil. Switching to amsoil dominator asap
Problems I was having prior to the pipes air box and fuel controller and after it always seemed like it was running too rich. Exhaust was very oily. Bottom end and midrange seemed okay. Under load at wot it would paint the snow black and bog as if it was falling on its face.
For the life of me I'm not sure what my fuel controller is set at as I haven't played with my sled in years.
I also have a brand new D&D fuel pressure regulator that hasn't yet been installed.
Looking for possibly a starting point and a bit of guidance as I know there's been a ton of these modded and people with my same concern. I also know fuel pressure was an issue
Someone with experience in the attitude controller more than I would be ideal lol.
Curious to know if I should still pull overall fuel pressure prior to fine tuning with my attitude controller.
I've also been told by people that with basically just being pipes an air box and billet power valves I dont need my fuel controller and a fuel pressure regulator or main jet restrictor would work for me but this also made me leary. Looking for some insight my friends! I know there's a lot of you in here that had these sleds and had them done up! I look forward to hearing from you all!

Was able to get out for a short rip tonight and get some quick data. Well for one when I moved my sled from my shop to a different one I went for maybe a two minute rip. Parked it in the shop. Came back the next day and there's oil on the ground from my can. So tonight I went for a rip and my egts at idle are roughly 400-500. Steady state cruise I can get 1000-1100. And wot was in and around 850-920 ish. If I roll into the throttle lightly it pulls good. If I'm doing 10-20 and hit wot it falls on its face and then picks back up. So I'm thinking I need to pull fuel on the top end to achieve my egts. This should clean it up no? Also think my oil pump may be set to rich

Sled basically sat and was fired up idled and shut for about 4 years.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have a 05 M7 I bought 4 years ago. It came with SPL twin pipes, no fuel controller. V Force reeds and prior owner claimed the head was milled. I tried a full controller but still could not get it set where I wanted it. I ended up going to a Speedwerx single pipe with a SLP can and no controller. I did install a homemade fuel restrictor with a 290 jet. I also turned down the oil pump 3-4 turns. It now runs great and has good plug color. If you search the threads on the M& on this site you should find information on how to adjust your oil pump.

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
I have a 05 M7 I bought 4 years ago. It came with SPL twin pipes, no fuel controller. V Force reeds and prior owner claimed the head was milled. I tried a full controller but still could not get it set where I wanted it. I ended up going to a Speedwerx single pipe with a SLP can and no controller. I did install a homemade fuel restrictor with a 290 jet. I also turned down the oil pump 3-4 turns. It now runs great and has good plug color. If you search the threads on the M& on this site you should find information on how to adjust your oil pump.

1) The Twin Pipes cause multiple issues....,
2) This guy is on the right track about the Oil, if you look on the F7 sites they all tend to move away from the twins, SLP single is also good.
Sorry no help for your initial set up.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
best bang for the buck

If you plan on riding in steep terrain, the best M7 mod by far is gearing it down.
Stock they are toooo high geared to let the clutch's work. Add 30hp with mods, they are still to high geared. Turbo it, worse now, they are still toooo high geared to ride off a trailer.

Premium Features