• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Cat vs Snopro

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Snow check

I'm planing on snow checking.
I was hoping to snow check a mountain cat but I can't have the green tunnel on my sled.
So I guess I'll snow check a snopro and upgrade the shocks.

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
All I was told from my dealer up here in BC, is that Cat is planning on making 7,000 less sleds for next yr across the board. Was told that the only way to ensure you get an '18 is by snowchecking one. Dealer is only getting 15 sleds extra (non snowchecked) and those aren't just all M8's. :juggle:

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Dealer told me a few days ago the MC had a rear shock capable of fully coupling like the Kmod. I could find nothing on the website about it. The 18 I saw didn't. Any thoughts??

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
QSL rear shock, the "L" means it locks, so no it doesn't couple the rear, it stops the shock from moving.

snowmow

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
So the rear shock won't compress at all when it's locked?

There's a threshold blowoff (usually spring valve) that gives if you hit something that needs the suspension. Otherwise you'd be breaking the shock/hardware/skid/ankles. Pushing down on a tunnel isn't going to do it though.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Wish cat would put some higher end coil over shocks that have compression high/ low and maybe rebound adjustment for a higher end model. Floats are junk. Base model zero pro's will at least stay consistent with temp changes.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Here is what my dealer told me.
"We just learned Sno Pro and Mountain Cat machines will have all the new lightweight parts with the exception electric start models will not have the lightweight tank. The SE model will not have the light tank in any models." they said the se's will have the other lightweight parts.

^^^^Any other dealers been able to confirm this for sure?

Premium Features