• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info on Code 173 10 after installing SLP Stage 3 kit

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Hope this helps anyone who may have a similar issue.

Installed Stage 3 SLP kit on 2016 AXYS ProRMK with 392miles.

Set up for 6-8000'. EGT resistor installed. Fuel setting: Ethanol

Installed kit for customer. Took it for short (2.5 mile) test ride behind shop at 5950 feet, sled ripped. Customer also rode sled when he picked up from shop- 1 mile or so. Sled ripped.

Customer took sled out to ride, launched at 7500'. Snow was over hood. Within a mile check engine light illuminates and sled goes into limp mode, only pulling 65-6800 rpm. Customer didn't pull code.

Based on rpm, my initial assumption was E-VES relay. We left the shop, within 1 mile check engine light was on. Code 173 10

Code 173 designates EGT sensor. Sub code 10 wasnt listen in service manual. I took resistance readings on SLP sensor, 881 ohms. Re-crimped the connectors a little tighter-- the SLP bullet connectors were snug but i made them tighter-- re wrapped the connector in friction tape (didnt have any large enough diameter shrink wrap) and we went out for a rip.

15 miles later, soaked to the bone because it was raining at 6000' (!), no code, and sled rips. Hope this is the end of the saga.

My thought is that the connector may have been a little loose and with over hood snow water may have penetrated connection and disrupted EGT signal.

Premium Features