• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New products for XM from Barcode Performance

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We have a XM in our group of riders, he wanted something too. He didn't want spent the $ on a skinz a-arm kit because you need to by there shocks. Kinda makes it spendy at $2k.
We managed to transform the Nytro with our a-arm kits. So we figured we'd see what we could do with the XM.
So he asked us to come up with a +forward kit. And while we were at it we designed a new skid plate and bracing.
We have updated our website with pricing & availability.

Happy New Year.

Allan
Barcode

doo3651.jpg doo3653.JPG dooskull1.jpg dooskull2.jpg dooskidplate.jpg doobrace.jpg

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
looks awesome

couple questions:

-is everything made of steal, aluminum? or is the front punisher part plastic?
-have you had a chance to weigh it?
-color options?
-have you had any front end impacts with that a-arm design? if so how did it hold up compared to stock? what exactly broke? what needed replacing?
-how much further forward is it than stock, and how dose that effect the performance?

I think you guys are onto something here!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Looks like it might hold up on the trails. How many spare shocks do you send with? What happens when you stick a stump in the brace on the bottom? Skull skid plate, really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Has me wanting to know how it works too but i would be worried about all the open area in the lower a arm. Don't blame you for wanting to save money tho.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
couple questions:

-is everything made of steal, aluminum? or is the front punisher part plastic?
-have you had a chance to weigh it?
-color options?
-have you had any front end impacts with that a-arm design? if so how did it hold up compared to stock? what exactly broke? what needed replacing?
-how much further forward is it than stock, and how dose that effect the performance?

I think you guys are onto something here!

The bulk of the skid plate is made of 3/16" aluminum the main brace is made of 1/4" Oddly enough it never made onto the scale? But soon as I get a chance to weigh one kit I will.
Right now were doing our first run in Black.
The goal was to protect the bottom of the sled from the cooler to the bumper.

And have it look completely different to what is out on the market today
The a-arms are made of thin wall chromoly, they are just a bit lighter than stock if I remember correctly. They are just as strong as stock. In most impacts its the lower arm that seems to take the brunt of any impact.
The arms are +5 forward with 36" wide. IT really make the sled much easier to get on side.
Here is a short vid of it in our garage

http://youtu.be/F8sLoWQVnfU

You can see how little effort it takes to get on side.

Our goal was to come up with a unique design that works, and utilizes the stock shock. The kit also utilizes the stock sway bar if wanted. Also the stock tie rods. We also made the spindle taller, this really helps with bump steer.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
very nice fab work on the rolled upper arm. looks like you laid the spindle back slightly as well to rake the front end out.

keep an eye on the spindles. ive seen a few guys use the taller ball joints from the rs and the torque it puts in the spindle must be significant as both had cracks on the top leg of the spindle.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Out in our secret testing grounds. Front end kit handles great. Super easy to get on edge and stay there. Skull plate not really filling up with much snow.

IMG_6633.JPG IMG_6638.JPG

Premium Features