• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is it worth it to change stock track on '15 RMK to CE?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Sled will be basically stock. Is the CE or Powder claw that much better than stock track? What is the stock take off track worth?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
If the sled will never leave Michigan I would probably just leave it but it's really up to you and what you're looking to do with it. It took some steep hills to get my 08 155" stuck in the yoop.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think that the stock track will do you pretty well there.

It won't hurt you to try it out for a while... Change if you think you really need to.

Tracks are like tires... there are many different types for different situations...The more specialized tracks lose the "good all over" abilities.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The stock track really does work well, one of the best stock tracks ever made IMO.

With that said I absolutely love the XE tracks. The last 2.5" I had on a stock sled other than clutching out performed similar set up sleds with stock tracks everyday. It did dig more but always moved forward. I would have a hard time going back. I know have a 3" but for a stock sled a 2.5" is more than enough.

The stock does work though!

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I had a trimmed stock track a couple years ago on mine. Worked real good in minnesota.
I also had an assault for my last sled around here and the hard lug track worked good for me too.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
great track, does not need to trench huge holes to get moving, IMO both Pro Track/powder claw > CE and i have both.. Mostly ride dry interior snow

Premium Features