• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who needs to wait for a 2013? Let's build a 2012

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
After talking to a couple of different people who had done the 3" on the Pro, there is no doubt that it would go like a tractor with that track, but with a 20 lb weight difference, and over $300 more for the 3" as well as the need to drop and roll the skid, I decided to go with a set of 7 tooth Avid drivers and a 2 1/2 extreme.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
The chain case mod to do the 2 1/2" extreme is now done as well as the Avid 7 tooth drivers are installed. I now have all of my parts.....I think, so it should go pretty quick with any luck.
Newsledbuild001-2.jpg

Newsledbuild002-2.jpg

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Go fast parts are coming, but today I assembled the rear skid. The parts that KMOD sent me for my skid were raw aluminum except for the arms, so I decided that I would add a little color :D I decided to anodize this time due to the tolerance issues of the cross shafts and the debate of weather or not heating to powder coat effects the rails. The price for anodizing was within 10 dollars of the cost of powder, but I got to match the gold from the Raptor shocks, which was not going to be an option with powder. I will say that installing the new Hyfax was much easier with anodized rails as opposed to powdered rails, again because of the clearance issues with powder. Sorry about the picture quality, my camera is on the fritz and all I had was my phone.

Newsledbuild002-3.jpg

Newsledbuild001-3.jpg

Newsledbuild003-2.jpg

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
So, I got my chassis back from being wrapped by Expectalot graphics in Spokane Wa. and I gotta say, I think it turned out BADAZZ! I went with the less is more approach and did the whole thing carbon fiber. I wrapped it because I can't afford the $7500 for a carbon fiber chassis. I got the KMOD skid installed along with the Avid 7 tooth drivers and the Camo Extreme 2 1/2"

SLED003.jpg

I also addressed the taillight issue that I didn't like. I wanted something lower profile that was still bright enough to see. The 45 LED's in this little baby light up the whole shop and saved almost a pound :D You can also see the GP engineering titanium rear bumper that I installed.

SLED001.jpg

I got the chain case re-glued and installed. I went with 19/43 gearing and upgraded my chain tension slider to a roller.

SLED002.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Is that a freeride seat. I have one on order and have been waiting.

Premium Features