• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Started my Turbo-Bikeman880 build......

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Now What should I expect to be different in the set up.. ( what should I have for compression on the gauge?)( What might be too much?)
It is a used C P I kit, shootin for 10-12 psi of boost-

I have pretty much read through these sites too.. I have gained alot of info on these XP carbed turbo's..
So far it seems as if everything is there,

Plus I have order up the power vaulves ... They seem to be working???

I guess one question I have is the refrence line for the fuel pressure gauge should go in the Pipe??? Yes -No and if yes Anywhere particular....?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
if its a cpi kit with a 16g mitsubishi turbo, then your gonna want to upgrade that before your even start. there a bit undersized for an 800.. for an 800 at 10-12# your gonna be wasting your money on race gas..

get some pics and more info up!

G
Apr 23, 2008
the mitsu kits are heat makers .. switch to a garrett.
I think this is Canukles old kit ???

your skating on thin ice with a bore of that size. make damn sure the heads a flat and the o rings are brand new, then make sure you keep the boost 4 psi lower than a std bore engine just to keep out of deto.

I love ice, the thin stuff is what I live on..LOL

Gus

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Yea I do belive this was canuckles too I got it from a buddy, It does have a garrett 28r series turbo.

I was thinkin of having the domes ( they are the oring style in the domes) milled out for a little lower compression.

What would be a good psi on the compression to help with deto. I am going to check what I have now for compression tonight after work.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Should have kept your 1200.

No I don't have the change for a carbon fiber chasis for that beast.
It wass fun to ride, but I sure like the zippyness of the litter sled.

How is she, Do you have bigger boost on her yet?

Maybe if I had 12 + pounds on that I may have kept it.
But I almost did the day the clutch let go. I though why am I selling it.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well right now i am hitting on my compression gauge at 135-137#s

I am thinkin I need to be in the 120# range????

So do I also need to just put a fitting anywhere on the fat part of the pipe?

T
Aug 8, 2011
Port package really determines cranking compression...if the exhaust port hasnt been re-ground back to stock specs then 135/137 in spokane is probably ok. Maybe a tad high. If the port has been ground back up, you are much too high

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Port package really determines cranking compression...if the exhaust port hasnt been re-ground back to stock specs then 135/137 in spokane is probably ok. Maybe a tad high. If the port has been ground back up, you are much too high

That could explaine why I go through pull ropes like nothing else.

Not sure about the porting, but I know they were massaged a bit.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well got the reeds out and I have a little chip in one, and tore the head off to have the duplicated with less compression. everything looks great in there considering I never even pulled a plug on it last year.
headin out with a camera now.
It doesnt look pretty right now, I am working in a confind space.

Question: My jetting is obviously going to be different from stock So what is the difference from stock jetting, compared to your turbo jetting. I am just trying to get a base to go off of.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well not the best they are off my gopro But you wiill get the idea of the mess I have going.

GOPR0591.jpg

GOPR0590.jpg

GOPR0588.jpg

GOPR0592.jpg

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
For jetting, call Rick at Peak Powersports or High Roller customs. They both have 860's w/ turbo's that run strong. My stock bore I currently run 360 mains vs 480 stock w/out turbo. I believe one of the XP turbo's Silber was running an 880. He might be the best bet for your setup.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
No I don't have the change for a carbon fiber chasis for that beast.
It wass fun to ride, but I sure like the zippyness of the litter sled.

How is she, Do you have bigger boost on her yet?

Maybe if I had 12 + pounds on that I may have kept it.
But I almost did the day the clutch let go. I though why am I selling it.
No more boost that what it was. Changed turbo inlet to outside and a fan on the intercooler. Just installed a Ballistic lite weight battery, dropped 10lbs. Installed STM Clutch on it will have to get it dialed in.

D

DTrip

Nov 26, 2007
Tic - Toc

Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

After all the crap you handed out about 2-stroke turbo's being ticking time bombs you go and build one...I think all those other 2-stroke turbos in the group may have influinced this build:face-icon-small-win

Its going to be a fun year:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
No more boost that what it was. Changed turbo inlet to outside and a fan on the intercooler. Just installed a Ballistic lite weight battery, dropped 10lbs. Installed STM Clutch on it will have to get it dialed in.

That is what I would have done But I .......... well dont know what I was thinkin.....

Hope this xp thing works well.

Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

After all the crap you handed outabout 2-stroke turbo's being ticing time bombs you go and build one...I think all those other 2-stroke turbos in the group may have influinced this build:face-icon-small-win

Its going to be a fun year:face-icon-small-hap

As for you SHUTUP..:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton

jUST CALL ME mR. jONES AND WE ALREADY KNOW YOUR MY NIEGHBOR.....:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features