• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions of Aerocharger turbos?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
So your saying an aero at 8 psi is similar to a Garrett at 18 psi WOW!!!!!!See you at Fairview

I have really enjoyed working with the Aerocharger guys. I have had the opportunity to ride their pro-rmk and skidoo etec turbo sleds. They work awesome. These guys have been working for months to make sure this is a first class quality product. I respect them for that. Both of the sleds were running 5-7 psi of boost and the power was very impressive. I have also ridden other turbo sleds that are at 12-18 psi and the power was very similar. I think that the aero makes similar power at lower boost.

I think there are a lot of riders, including me, that will be completely satisfied with the power that an aero charger will make at 6-8 lbs. I am sure there will be those that will want more and will push the boost limits. I was told by aerocharger that high boost numbers were not what their turbos were about and if I was looking for a turbo with high boost numbers they would build us a kit using a different manfactures turbo designed for that. They were totally open an honest with me as to the limits of their product. With that being said, I always felt that I had to have high boost to meet the kind of powder i was wanting. The power of the skidoo etec and the Polaris pro kits that i rode of aerocharger was very smooth and very ridable. Very suprised with the quick spool of the turbo and the power at such a low psi. It opened my eyes to the fact that high boost was not always related to power. I am willing to put my money down and run one off their kits. I feel that the guys at aerocharger will Be first class to work with and stand behind what they sell.

I also own a business and usually the first people to bash you are the ones that you should have never done business with in the first place..... Just sayin...

So back to the original question, I am sure both companies/turbos are respectable. And I am sure there are issues that both have or will have, it goes back to having a good knowledge of what you are doing or a dealer you can trust and rely on when you do ANY mods. And at the end of the day, those of us that have done enough mods over the years will always have the not so good experiences, but we keep doing it, or pushing the limits because it's our passion......

Regards::sleep::clock:

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
LOL when you spent ,,, let's see 2000$ X 6 each turbo and had to have them repaired Mabe then we can converse on an equal level and yea I guess I am at the 1 % and I don't have any problem tunning mine And you heard brad say they have a problem above 10k how do you think they know, smartguy!

!
Typical dik measuring comment...then go play with your big boys..those sleds at Fairview are about 1% of the population who want that type of setup..I've seen a lot of 14-18lbs boost 250HP claimed sleds that run like chit and the owners can't set them up to save their arse.

The point he was trying to make is the Rotax is making more power on less boost, compared to Poo and Cat, which is good. He wasn't saying it will out run an 18lb cat..These guys are working hard to have a nice rideable, boosted Etech and there will be a market for it no doubt.

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
The question posted was opinions.
We ALL have a right to our own.

If you have not had an aerocharger ,, then please, get one and enjoy.

Just asking you guys to RESPECT the opinions and take them all with a grain of salt.

like or dislike is what was asked..Opinions.
Will leave this thread active as long as its understood its opinions.

Aerocharger is now going to get there own feet wet in the kit end. good luck and lets have fun..

They have the chance to redeem their past in this ONE act.
Lets let them have the shot.

Kawgrn, has had his own issues that cannot be refuted.
He is not the only one..Thats the reason you will not see them involved with racing, records or dyno wars.. outside their window of use.

Gus

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
And it's about time!!!!!!!

Work hard that is!!!!

Typical dik measuring comment...then go play with your big boys..those sleds at Fairview are about 1% of the population who want that type of setup..I've seen a lot of 14-18lbs boost 250HP claimed sleds that run like chit and the owners can't set them up to save their arse.

The point he was trying to make is the Rotax is making more power on less boost, compared to Poo and Cat, which is good. He wasn't saying it will out run an 18lb cat..These guys are working hard to have a nice rideable, boosted Etech and there will be a market for it no doubt.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Agree.. But are you implying the Aerocharger has not been successful in racing?

"Thats the reason you will not see them involved with racing, records or dyno wars.. outside their window of use."

If so, not the truth at all. Nathan Zollinger has run an Aerocharged Cat to many class wins in RMSHA.. also many others. Might also note on much lower boost levels with really nice response....

Word on the street is this year will be much different than years past as it relates to Aerocharger...:face-icon-small-win

Opinions, yep. I just hate Pessimists. Sorry.

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
Aero

I have to say i have run 2 areo 66 set ups on cats 1000 and 800 6-10 pounds of boost. If that is what you want to run for boost aero will do it great and a long time. I rode with other sleds with comparable boost and its all in set up!!!!!!! At this boost level I would build a areo again . But i am thinking of build 15 -18 psi sled but that will be a garret. I also going to say half the turbo sleds you see do not run to there full level . I learn this after running first turbo sled half year thinking it was good tell i learned what it was really like after i got dailed it correctly then wahoo. So what ever you buy understand how it works .

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Pessimist-----no experienced YES
no Gus dont close this post people have a right to know
prisons are full of people who want a second chance ,like aero wants,and after 12 years on turbos I've earned the right to tell it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
L

Love-n-Life

Nov 26, 2007
CO
Pessimist-----no experienced YES
no Gus dont close this post people have a right to know
prisons are full of people who want a second chance,andafter 12 years on turbos I've earned the right to tell it!!!!!!!!

This guy just has a hard-on for aero. Sounds like his time in prison has got the best of him. This post has become worthless with tards like this that want to just get back at a company because of their so called ego... It sounds like you have found your preferred application and you are king of the world running 25psi of boost. And any one that is not running this kind of boost must not measure up, we get your point dude, Move on... You are happy playing with big boys (12 years of prison experience):brokenheart::brokenheart::first:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
LOL your a funny guy:laugh:
Calm down with 19 whole posts on here youll blow a base gasket!!!

Last edited:
N
Jan 29, 2008
I got a similar response from someone on Dootalk so I guess there's one in every bunch that really just can't stand a manufacturer or maybe they are just an ex-employee trying to get back at them? There's not to much feedback on the web when I search for Aero info so anything I can find here will help. Hopefully the thread is left open so people can continue to respond and the bashers will calm down now that they've had their chance to respond. Thanks.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have never had a problem with mine running anywhere from 9 lbs to 14 lbs for 1200 miles. I know many others that have had the same experience that i have had too.

My next kit will definitely have an Aerocharger on it!

G
Apr 23, 2008
First, You cannot use the aero in the race world. boost and speed hurt them..Thats it . You and aerochareger cannot dispute this.

Good that it was used for a hillclimb,, we also do hillclimbs here .. NO aero wins,, sorry. they just fail when we show them the back of the rev @ 24 psi.

they cant run there,,

Big airflow means big boost. there is no way around it UNLESS Brad is going to make you your very own aero 99,,aint gonna happen.

No one here is a disgruntled employee its THE REAL world.

Nitrousman, you got the expected response ,, now deal with it.
You are also on doo talk asking about PL kits..which is it YOU HAVE BOUGHT ??

The used car salesman is your best bet,, :blah::blah::blah: buy it..!!!

AERODYNE has won many races , The Ball bros won the world series in 1987 with an aerodyne model 99 .325 vane..YUP<< that was around well before the 66 was even a boner in aerochargers pants..

Todays drag racer, and todays speed runners are looking for more than just low boost..its just the way it is.

You cant take the trail level and confuse it with racing.

There is no substitute for tuning, It takes more than a weekend to find the best clutch and gear for your sled...

I will not close this thread..yet.

Most if not all of you do not know this but BRP HAD sae papers about turbocharging the DI 2 stroke..yup.. they WERE looking at it too..

compile the list of repair parts for an e tech ,, dont forget, you will eventually take out a piston when trail riding a turbo 2 stroke..its a part of the learning curve,, now your choice of turbos adds or does NOT add to the cost..

you will take out the vanes when you fail that cast piston,,you will take out at least 1 injector due to aluminum fouling or metal contact..

now price tha head and its injector ,, you are not getting a redome cut or billlet inserts just yet...

I do not belong to donttalk,, but I do enjoy reading the brad vs Ian contest.. seems Ian understand the airflow chart better than most..

Even i could do the math and it was IAN who was correct..

The bennet doo dyno sheet was used car ,, that was not a stock engine by any means, as expected that was left out...

enjoy your turbos. I hope areo can come thru for those who want to run them,, but guys dont call each other names,, its bs and I will delete those threads BUT will not remove this post !!!

Its time to let the customer be aware..

Gus

N
Jan 29, 2008
First, You cannot use the aero in the race world. boost and speed hurt them..Thats it . You and aerochareger cannot dispute this.

Good that it was used for a hillclimb,, we also do hillclimbs here .. NO aero wins,, sorry. they just fail when we show them the back of the rev @ 24 psi.

they cant run there,,

Big airflow means big boost. there is no way around it UNLESS Brad is going to make you your very own aero 99,,aint gonna happen.

AERODYNE has won many races , The Ball bros won the world series in 1987 with an aerodyne model 99 .325 vane..YUP<< that was around well before the 66 was even a boner in aerochargers pants..

Todays drag racer, and todays speed runners are looking for more than just low boost..its just the way it is.

There is no substitute for tuning, It takes more than a weekend to find the best clutch and gear for your sled...

Most if not all of you do not know this but BRP HAD sae papers about turbocharging the DI 2 stroke..yup.. they WERE looking at it too..

compile the list of repair parts for an e tech ,, dont forget, you will eventually take out a piston when trail riding a turbo 2 stroke..its a part of the learning curve,, now your choice of turbos adds or does NOT add to the cost..

you will take out the vanes when you fail that cast piston,,you will take out at least 1 injector due to aluminum fouling or metal contact..

now price tha head and its injector ,, you are not getting a redome cut or billlet inserts just yet...

I do not belong to donttalk,, but I do enjoy reading the brad vs Ian contest.. seems Ian understand the airflow chart better than most..

The bennet doo dyno sheet was used car ,, that was not a stock engine by any means, as expected that was left out...

enjoy your turbos. I hope areo can come thru for those who want to run them,, but guys dont call each other names,, its bs and I will delete those threads BUT will not remove this post !!!

Gus

Haven't bought a kit yet, still researching them. Not sure what you mean by used car salesman. I'm also looking at Ulmer and FPP for kits.

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008

they cant run there,,

Gus
Is it because your the new sherrif that you can talk like this and everyone has to listen. This thread is about opinions about a certain turbo, youve made 5 or 6 replies to this thread , YOUR the only one beating a dead horse here,BE QUIET now and let the people voice theyre opinions. As far as Nirtousman goes it appears he scattered a nytro supercharged motor earlier on in life, maybe hes alittle skeptical about taking a 5 or 6k plundge, so as far as the used car scenario I endorse what hes doing 100 percent, if he can find something that a concensus of people approve of for half price why not . He certainly wont be able to afford your 8k imaginary one. To everyone that doesnt know I am a proud owner of an Aerocharged 2 stroke , and Spyder , my response should inicate this. Gus Bone moderator or not should not be able to talk like this at all. You speak of Dootalk and Ian and Bennet sled all on this site only WHYS THAT . You have alot to say on this site even about Dootalk why are you not speaking over there????? or are u Magoo. Play fair or you wont play at all is what you told me you should practise what you preach.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I belive even Cutler sold aeros his first season and I think he had a 99% failed rate, and why is it that aeros in stock are out of warranty on the shelf new?If you don't want to belive what you hear on this board,, or on doo talk then post the same question on the cat and Polaris sites,same answers,different users. Like stated earlier they don't run over 10K elevation at 10psi.period!!!and those of you at higher elevation will find out, below that Ok will probably last,and Thank you for allowing me to Voice my opinion,it is formulated on experienceand lots and lots of wasted MONEY!!!!

PS,,, check out the resale value of sleds with aeros vs others that should tell you! I wonder if thats the real reason for these guys on here cheering aero , cant sell you sleds?????

And Gus You to are entitled to an opinion this is america!!!

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
Hi kevin,, Nice to see you ,,

Thank you for your opinion..

Nitrousman, is a gentleman,, hes asking and many are voicing their welcome opinions
If you are staying at lower than 6 psi your good to go with an FPP or one of Allens setups..I have nothing but the utmost respect for both Justin and Allen and his dad.

Ulmer racing is tops for support..but I do have a soft spot for Allen,,long time racers who are IN the field too...:first:

Now, Kevin NO one is asking how you feel about me, thats your pot to piss in..
See you at the races

Gus

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Gus, as a respected Doo tuner and moderator, I personally feel your condecending comments about Aerocharger are in bad taste. I will leave it at that. I further respect and understand the opinions and experiences of other members, but you seem to hold yourself in a different light for some reason. You also appear to be clearly out of touch with what has been going on with Garrett and Aerocharger Turbo development in the RMSHA hillclimb circuit the last 5 years. You are flat wrong. Factory supported racers are winning championships on both Garrett AND Aerocharger. You need to do your research before you, the moderator suggest differently along with your "you cannot use the Aero in the race world" and "we have climbs too" quotes...You honestly think you can compare the factory backed, 400+ entries every race, RMSHA hillclimb circuit in the west to a back East hillclimb.. Cmon! The back East invites to Jackson Hole barely make the first catwalk, year after year. Not picking on them, they just don't have the experience. Glenn Hall's turbo Cats are unreal in the drag world....How many Snowest members really care about turbo drag setups? They have virtually no comparable information as it relates to the boondocking, hillclimbing needs of Western riders today. My opinion and experience.

RMSHA race development directly ends up in the hands of consumer mountain sleds down the line. You see it in the stock 800 class with the HCR, Assault and Freeride. No one can argue that. IMO, Fuel Injected/DI turbo charged sleds with stock motors, low boost and quick spool are the FUTURE of our sport. Mainly because of cost and reliability. As I said before, less than 10% of the market can ride, afford, wants, or has the tuning abilities to tune the high boost/full race kits out there. Most guys like the OPTION of running full race gas and turning up boost. But at the end of the day, run a lower boost setting for reliability when out on a long, 3 ft. deep powder day and ensure they will make it back to the truck that night. As an example, I'm told Carl's Cycle in Boise pre-sold 40+pump gas Boondocker kits for the new Pro...no full race setups. Did anyone not notice the pump gas turbo kits offered by Yamaha with a factory warranty this year? Case in point.

The guys who run 14-24lbs boost with your Garretts.. Nobody here is disputing their success. They are fast and impressive, no doubt. It's not like they don't have their issues either. :face-icon-small-win

This is like a Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge discussion...You'll always find someone peeed off about something. We should all be lucky to have Aerocharger Garrett and others committed to and supporting our sport right now. You really think they are making huge profits doing it? LOL We all get the benefit.

I guess we could go back to finicky twins and triples, porting, heads, pipes, etc at altitude.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features