• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 ECM Failure?

Nov 11, 2010
Molalla, OR
Just bought a 07 rev 163", 9 miles down the trail on the first ride it dies, no spark. Unplugged the ECM and plugged it into my buddies 07 just like mine and it didn't start. Plugged his back into his sled and his started right up. Im almost positive its the ECM but any ideas would be great.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Early that year BRP came out with a service bulletin to pack the ECM connectors with dielectric grease and clamp the wire loom over the end cover with zip ties instead of under it. If that didn't get done to yours then water seeps in and corrodes the pins. Some guys actually had pins fall off - check your connectors to see if they're all still there and if there's corrosion!

Good Luck,

G

M
Dec 12, 2007
Osburn, Id
Before you buy a new ecm make sure you put your in a sled to be sure thats the problem. If in fact it is the problem, go to a ski doo dealer and have them send it in to ski doo to re flash it. I paid like $60 when mine went TU for them to ship it off and ship it back.

Premium Features