• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D kit installed

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Looks good George. Don't get pissed when I have to poach your tracks to keep up!!!! Looks like the weather pattern might be changing for the better.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Looks good George. Don't get pissed when I have to poach your tracks to keep up!!!! Looks like the weather pattern might be changing for the better.

hey man ! try out the 174 from paul ! u wont need to poach lines then !! :)
mike

D
Nov 26, 2007
i was in the snowies when dave was dialing the sled in for george and his style of riding if you must know blu du. Sled rush i have to say that the smile on your face when you held it to the bar was priceless...and that was 6lbs of boost. Blu du did you purchase a kit? If not go take a seat in the peanut gallery!!!

Nick

why dont you stfu peanut boy.. Dave has had wy-doos sled since last april and still has it. Wy-doo also has paid every penny owed to r&d. Now dave wont even call him back.. He makes his wife call him. What kind a ***** makes his wife call a customer? Ohhhhhhh, dave halverson does.. Silly me, i knew that. What the fawk was i thinking.. Dave was "supposed" to deliver wy-doos sled in cooke last weekend, but flaked out..

So, to all of you that purchased kits in the last 2 months and sent your carbs in, wydoo was 6 months ahead of you and still doesnt have a sled.. You better go to plan b. If you dont you wont be riding this winter.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
why dont you stfu peanut boy.. Dave has had wy-doos sled since last april and still has it. Wy-doo also has paid every penny owed to r&d. Now dave wont even call him back.. He makes his wife call him. What kind a ***** makes his wife call a customer? Ohhhhhhh, dave halverson does.. Silly me, i knew that. What the fawk was i thinking.. Dave was "supposed" to deliver wy-doos sled in cooke last weekend, but flaked out..

So, to all of you that purchased kits in the last 2 months and sent your carbs in, wydoo was 6 months ahead of you and still doesnt have a sled.. You better go to plan b. If you dont you wont be riding this winter.

she is just being a good wife man. its not a bad thing to have a good woman backing you up when you need it. I don't think that he his sicking his wife on people. I think she is just offering to help out her husband and he is letting her help. I've talked to her and she seems motivated and has been helpful.

wy-doo's situation is.... well it's just unacceptable. i feel really bad for the man. But Dave's wife trying her best to have her husbands back is not a bad thing. She is first class.

D
Nov 26, 2007
she is just being a good wife man. its not a bad thing to have a good woman backing you up when you need it. I don't think that he his sicking his wife on people. I think she is just offering to help out her husband and he is letting her help. I've talked to her and she seems motivated and has been helpful.

wy-doo's situation is.... well it's just unacceptable. i feel really bad for the man. But Dave's wife trying her best to have her husbands back is not a bad thing. She is first class.

I am in no way bashing Daves wife.. If I ran a business like his and treated my customers the way he has, the last person to be making phone calls to the customers would be anyone but myself..

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I do feel bad for Ralph...he was definately a test mule...unfortunately when you pair a turbo kit built off of a secific motor and try to utilize it on a different bore it doesnt always work despite everybodies best intentions. I know for a fact dave never had that sled in april. I believe the work on the 860 turbo specifc porting started in april...dave picked the sled up in december to try and make it right for ralph and still will given the opportunity...get your facts straight!!!!

As far as the comment to blu du...it simply meant maybe he should let the people that have actually ordered a kit express there opinions....thus the peanut gallery comment but apparently that flew right over your head.

So you would rather have Dave call and take away from his time? As I see it his wife is acting as a Customer service rep and that makes sense to me.

Apparently you didnt read the first post in the thread. A customer that has his kit and is happy with it.

S

summitxtreme

Feb 3, 2008
Denver
Hey Nick, its Ryan from last weekend. Give me a shout next time you head back to the snowies so we can meet up and do some riding. People are going to **** when they see these turboed doos tearing up the hills like ours do. All I gotta say is now that I have mine all dialed in it was well worth it!! Thanks a bunch Dave for all the help.:D

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Sent carbs second week in nov. And i havent bash Dave in the Buyer Beware thread, just stated true facts of the events so far. And I agree if Dave had time to send the one kit and answer sledrushs calls, ride with him for a weekend, he had time to call back other customer which have paid.

My appologies highroller. My intent was not to say that you started a bashing thread, but it was hijacked and thats how it turned out. just didnt want to see the same thing happen on this thread.:beer;:beer;:beer;

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I do feel bad for Ralph...he was definately a test mule...unfortunately when you pair a turbo kit built off of a secific motor and try to utilize it on a different bore it doesnt always work despite everybodies best intentions. I know for a fact dave never had that sled in april. I believe the work on the 860 turbo specifc porting started in april...dave picked the sled up in december to try and make it right for ralph and still will given the opportunity...get your facts straight!!!!

As far as the comment to blu du...it simply meant maybe he should let the people that have actually ordered a kit express there opinions....thus the peanut gallery comment but apparently that flew right over your head.

So you would rather have Dave call and take away from his time? As I see it his wife is acting as a Customer service rep and that makes sense to me.

Apparently you didnt read the first post in the thread. A customer that has his kit and is happy with it.
FINALLLY !! THANKS :):D:beer;:beer;:beer;

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
I ask because your camera says you took those pics on Monday... The sled looks VERY clean for have been on the snow.. Their is no snow build up any where. And the O2 sensor is missing.. Just curious, thats all

skidoo's do not have an O2 sensor. Neither do arctic cars unless its after market I believe.
If they did have an O2 sensor there would never be a need for the boondocker box with just simple mods. The computer would be able to compensate like a car's computer does. Skidoos don't have efi, there for no need for an O2 sensor.
I don't know what that missing thing is. But something is for sure not there.
Snow can melt over night in a heated shop.

H

High Roller

The O2 sensor is there just not in the hole. Also the heat tape looks brown so the sled was running. Josh the O2 sensor is for the wide band air/fuel gauge.
Trevor.
skidoo's do not have an O2 sensor. Neither do arctic cars unless its after market I believe.
If they did have an O2 sensor there would never be a need for the boondocker box with just simple mods. The computer would be able to compensate like a car's computer does. Skidoos don't have efi, there for no need for an O2 sensor.
I don't know what that missing thing is. But something is for sure not there.
Snow can melt over night in a heated shop.

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
The O2 sensor is there just not in the hole. Also the heat tape looks brown so the sled was running. Josh the O2 sensor is for the wide band air/fuel gauge.
Trevor.

The plug is for an o2 sensor.Dave puts them there as an option.Didn't get the sensor in yet and I didn't have a plug so I thought this would work for my first ride,since I have EGT's already.As for the snow,I didn't realize by starting this thread,that I would be put trial .My sled gets parked in my heated shop every night.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Im not putting you on trial Sledrush. I just find it interesting when someone calls me and tells me that they seen Halverson in Souix Falls on Sat. morning and you claim he was at the snowies tuning your sled.. My opinion on why you started this thread is to buy Halverson some more time before people come looking for him. Did you ride that sled last weekend?? MAYBE, I hope you did.. If you did, I hope it ran well.. Do I think you rode that sled? NOPE..... Just my opinion tho. None of this would have ever started if Halverson would have came thru on his kits. Its pretty obvious that he is scrambling trying to figure out what to do.. He wont return phone calls, he wont return emails, he wont return PM's. He wont even reply to any threads on here.. Triple7 also vanished into thin air.. Are they both scared to come on here now and tell these people that paid them 5 grand for kits that they didnt really buy anything? I think the answer to that is, YES THEY ARE...........

S

skidontlover

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 3, 2008
Hmmmmmmm......