• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new build ????'s

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
ive been reading around this forum for a bout a good month getting GREAT info about these sleds..i have everything ready to go but just had a few quick questions that i didnt find

ive heard the HTG or DYNOPORT is the way to go..and i think i have read you dont need a reflash with these, like you do with the slp? is this correct

i am 6'3" would a 7 inch handlebar riser be enough?

where can i find gripper skis?

ive heard venting is crucial to these sleds

ill be running mountain fit iq hood, with hood vents, 2cool side vents, tower vents, dash intake, fire n ice headlight intake..should i run the fire n ice windshield intake also? or wouuld that just be overkill? would it be pointless to run the lower side vent along with the big side vent?

and lastly im looking for a two wheel kit, what is the best that works for these sleds? size? etc.

Last edited:
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
The riser will be enough but will need to extend wiring as well as cable, also talk to FBF about that cable. Clean setup and gets rid of hokie oiler cable OEM set up.

venting is crucial and you can never have enough.

I personally like the MM 2 wheel set up just be sure and use loctite.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I have a mnt fit hood I'd sell you off my Dragon. It's in my profile pic and fully vented. If interested let me know what it's worth.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Oh and (MM) that HIMARK was reffering, is Mountian machines I would think.

Last edited:

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
what would be the best size to go with, i think i read somewhere not to go with the 9" ones..was that correct? and was he talking about like the freedom axles and wheels?

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ive been reading around this forum for a bout a good month getting GREAT info about these sleds..i have everything ready to go but just had a few quick questions that i didnt find

ive heard the HTG or DYNOPORT is the way to go..and i think i have read you dont need a reflash with these, like you do with the slp? is this correct

ill be running mountain fit iq hood, with hood vents, 2cool side vents, tower vents, dash intake, fire n ice headlight intake..should i run the fire n ice windshield intake also? or wouuld that just be overkill? would it be pointless to run the lower side vent along with the big side vent?

and lastly im looking for a two wheel kit, what is the best that works for these sleds? size? etc.

1. dont know anything about HTG, or Dynoport..but you cannot go wrong with an SLP pipe...you can get them used for a GREAT price..

2. extend wiring for your risers like stated and ABSOLUTELY get with FBF and get his throttle/oiler cable...its a MUST

3. you can get the grippers from Babbitsonline, or on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POLARIS-SNO...wmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414ae13b97

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POLARIS-SNO...wmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4838450657

4. never have too much venting, but if you gave the FNI headlight vent..you wouldnt have to use the windshields im sure..
the lower side panel vents are nice, but same as above..but i use them both on my wifes sled..

5. MMP freedom axle is the bomb, but $$..you can just get a standard 2 wheel axle for half the price of the freedom axle if thats all you need...same with wheels..but you can get the wheels from ebay as well..

if you have a 166" track, 9" wheels are fine...159" track, you can get away with some 9" if you have a good suspenstion setup..if not, or if you run a smaller track...DO NOT go above 8"...

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
1. dont know anything about HTG, or Dynoport..but you cannot go wrong with an SLP pipe...you can get them used for a GREAT price..

2. extend wiring for your risers like stated and ABSOLUTELY get with FBF and get his throttle/oiler cable...its a MUST

3. you can get the grippers from Babbitsonline, or on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POLARIS-SNO...wmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414ae13b97

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POLARIS-SNO...wmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4838450657

4. never have too much venting, but if you gave the FNI headlight vent..you wouldnt have to use the windshields im sure..
the lower side panel vents are nice, but same as above..but i use them both on my wifes sled..

5. MMP freedom axle is the bomb, but $$..you can just get a standard 2 wheel axle for half the price of the freedom axle if thats all you need...same with wheels..but you can get the wheels from ebay as well..

if you have a 166" track, 9" wheels are fine...159" track, you can get away with some 9" if you have a good suspenstion setup..if not, or if you run a smaller track...DO NOT go above 8"...

Also I should add that you can get the freedom axle without the sides if you call them and talk in person. Its cheaper than the whole sha-bang but still leaves future options open.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
You can get used gripper ski with carbides / bolts and rubbers on ebay for under $230 for the pair delivered.

I have a new throttle cable extension.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1964459#post1964459
It is 8 inches longer than stock.
It is a cleaner setup than stock and gets rid of oiler cable OEM set up by having the throttle cable go to the throttle and oil flow control.
It is $65 delivered.

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington

I run 7" risers and I am 6'2" with ape arms i think they will be just fine for you

for 150 plus delivery you can have my grippers almost like new can get pics for you withmounts and carbides

understatement of the year:beer;:)

i love the mountain fit stuff, if you havnt bought your vents buy all your stuff from him, he will make you a smokin deal on a package, although some ectra vents may seem overkill vent as much as you can afford, i run a turbo 9 and it needs all the air possible

One good option for the two wheel kit is to just buy a stock two 8" wheel application from a dragon, i got one at swap for 40 bucks...otherwise MMP is the best way to go, but like stated do not go above 8" unless you have the suspension to run em, your track will rub with 9's...

PM me with questions, i certainly dont have all the answers but I can remember alot of what the smart individuals on here have said:beer;

Premium Features