• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

info on IQ 700 and 800's

P
Nov 26, 2007
Looking at buying a used RMK 700 or 800

What are the common problems with these sleds?

Crank Bearings?

Motor issues?

Anything to look for?

I am currently on a 700 mm with a 156, bullet proof machine, looking for the same in my next sled

Any advice?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Start by searching in the Polaris IQ forum. There is a plethora of info.

700's are mostly bullet proof and really don't have that much less HP than the 800. They are less torquey especially down low. One of the best sleds ever made IMHO. The problem is that unless you big bore or turbo, you only get so much HP out of the 700.

The 800's are great sleds too but had a mid-range lean issue that lead to several motors burning down. The problem didn't effect everyone (including myself) but you would think they were total lemons from this 4M. The motors seem a little detuned by some (less than the claimed 154 HP), but there are good gains available. I think the power comes to the snow better than it looks on paper. The track absolutely sucks IMO. I switched to the Camo Extreme.

The IQ chassis handles awesome but takes some time to learn to balance. It is tipsy and nose dives and it seems wrong at first, but then you will love it when you learn it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The big question is what year 700? 06 or the new 07 and up raw's. I got off a 06 700 and night and day deference.

Yep, don't buy anything in 2006 unless you are getting a smoking deal. The 600 was the best sled that year, but even it was a little porker compared to 2007 and on.

Premium Features