• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**NEW - 509 Evolution Snowmobile Helmets: More Info & Photos

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
someone who has one post some pics woul like to see what they look like on a melon

J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre
Vic here in Saskatchewan, i have not recieved mine yet, getting a little concerned !

I ordered a couple of them and have not got them yet either. But dont be concerned. I live in South Dakota and your a lot furthere away so it will probly take a bit longer then mine. Ill let ya know when I get mine just to give some more people heads up. :D

J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre

Ok so I am a little excited for it to snow and can probly hold on for a little while longer and I get home and our lids are there!!!!!!!:D Now what? No snow to test them out. All I can say is wow they are realy nice. Thanks Tom. Hope you guys get yours soon.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
the part that bugs me is I have sent them a bunch of emails for information on tracking and they don't answer back!!
anyone else having that problem?

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Tom is in SLC at the show right now. Keep in mind that 509 is not a huge company with several employees doing the work when he is out of town at snow shows. Tom is a stand up guy and will take care of everyone as soon as possible. The wait is worth it guys. The new helmets are sweet. The matte black turned out great.

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
Fricken sweet lid Tom would recomend to all even before i hit the snow fit and finish is great

I
Jan 13, 2008
the part that bugs me is I have sent them a bunch of emails for information on tracking and they don't answer back!!
anyone else having that problem?

When will you guys learn? 509 is not a storefront, they are an internet marketing company. They are doing a pre-order so they know how many helmets to make. They do not answer the phone because they are not a retailer that has regular hours and service. Why on earth would you buy a first year helmet from a company that does not manufacturer helmets? They are very good at knocking off another companies product and adding 509 graphics. They are not a manufacturer. Buying a helmet over the internet without even knowing how they fit is well...stupid. It is your head! Go to your local retailer and try on helmets from companies who really make helmets. They are experts, they can explain what type of headshape you have and features and benefits. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SNOW SHOPS! do you all want retailers to go away to the point where everything you purchase is over the internet? So you can buy site unseen?

Is it Snell 2005? Snell 2010? Snell 2010 is the new standard.....only a handful of helmet companies are Snell 2010 registered. What is it made of? How does it fit? does it comes with anything? does it have more than one set of cheekpads? Is it an Asia headform or American? Who makes it for them? Does it have a warranty? where do you send it if you have an issue?

Sharpen up people....this is a safety issue not just something that looks cool....

Last edited:

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
When will you guys learn? 509 is not a storefront, they are an internet marketing company. They are doing a pre-order so they know how many helmets to make. They do not answer the phone because they are not a retailer that has regular hours and service. Why on earth would you buy a first year helmet from a company that does not manufacturer helmets? They are very good at knocking off another companies product and adding 509 graphics. They are not a manufacturer. Buying a helmet over the internet without even knowing how they fit is well...stupid. It is your head! Go to your local retailer and try on helmets from companies who really make helmets. They are experts, they can explain what type of headshape you have and features and benefits. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SNOW SHOPS! do you all want retailers to go away to the point where everything you purchase is over the internet? So you can buy site unseen?

Is it Snell 2005? Snell 2010? Snell 2010 is the new standard.....only a handful of helmet companies are Snell 2010 registered. What is it made of? How does it fit? does it comes with anything? does it have more than one set of cheekpads? Is it an Asia headform or American? Who makes it for them? Does it have a warranty? where do you send it if you have an issue?

Sharpen up people....this is a safety issue not just something that looks cool....

That is a very interesting and extremely uneducated post. 509 is far from an internet marketing company. We are RIDERS, who ride more than 95% of the people out there. As a result we know what works and try to improve upon what doesn't. You would be hard pressed to find a company that lives and breaths sledding more than 509.

As for the helmets, no we don't manufacture these onsight, but neither does Fly, Fox, or almost any of the 200 other major brands. Truth be told, there is a handful of helmet manufacturing companies in the world. The one we chose has been around for more than 35 years. Snell? Don't get me started on the legitimacy of Snell. Do you want the independent report that pitted high end Snell helmets against low end, sub $100 models???

To address your other concerns....

Is it asian fit? Get real. Try one on and see if a more comfortable helmet exists on the market.

Warranty. Full 1 year warranty, lifetime visor replacement warranty. Who else does this visor warranty? NO ONE.

Warranty issues. Send it back to us. Oh yea, we'll even pay your shipping.

Judging from your posts I see you appear to be Klim rep. So thank you for your unbiased opinion

Last edited:

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
As for everyone else. Yes it's show season, so I apologize for the delays in shipping and emails. I've literally been on the road to MN, Denver, Puyallup, Salt Lake for the past month or more. 99% of the helmet preorders have been shipped. American orders went out first and once we straightened out the customs paperwork requirements, Canadian and internationals shipped out. All but 4 Canadian helmets shipped about 1 week ago. The remaining 4 shipped today. All new helmet orders from the past week will ship tomorrow and the next day. Thanks again for the patience!

Premium Features