• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few progress pics of my yamadoo

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
i just had to make a small notch in the bulkhead, which is already getint braced, so its no big deal. gonna be a sophmore still playing in the eng feild.

its really suprising how well most of the stock parts can be used to put it all together, its just hard to get pics, there all in the dark.

right on man. this thing should really catch people by surprise if you can keep it running. should be fairly reliable if you dont go too crazy on the booooost. im in the COE as well so im sure ill see you around. well have to get some guys together from bozo next season to ride.
adam

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
you goin to wrap your pipes or build a heat shield?

wrapped works better in my opinion, jmo
Yeah, im going to be doing header wrap to keep the heat in the tube and faster spool, and so i dont melt everything underneath

You just made a bad sled worse.

yeah, i took something that its only issue was a finiky motor and put in a motor that makes more power and is more reliable!

^^Really? great chassis, 240+ reliable horsepower, explain that to me LHF?

LHF doesnt need to explain, it just is

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
hurry up and throw that ***** together, lets go for a spring ride up cooke doo! need some one to ride with!

Jul 22, 2008
Im starting to get a little ways into my build this summer, just waiting on my jackshaft to get back so i can run the yammi secondary and then mount my motor.

setup is

03 rx1 motor
MHI 16g turbo
headshim custom intercooler and 12 pounds on 91
AEM wideband autometer gauges
nothing to crazy just the swap is a fun project and questions about stuff feel free to ask. dont worry, the turbo im using for mock up is fried, so all the metal shavings can go into it:D

the steering post is moving forward so it doesnt hit the carbs and i can make an airbox.

DSCI0697.jpg
]

Awesome project, always wanted to doo that! Only one thing I would suggest since you are taking the time to do the fabrication is to pair the exhaust pulses properly in your header, 1-4 and 2-3, It will run stronger, spool harder, and you will know you are not plugging exhaust pulses with other pulses! It will run fine the way you have done it but....doing things twice sucks!
Keep up the good work, and get that thing in the snow!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Awesome project, always wanted to doo that! Only one thing I would suggest since you are taking the time to do the fabrication is to pair the exhaust pulses properly in your header, 1-4 and 2-3, It will run stronger, spool harder, and you will know you are not plugging exhaust pulses with other pulses! It will run fine the way you have done it but....doing things twice sucks!
Keep up the good work, and get that thing in the snow!
Ill take any advice like that i can get, I dont know any of the cool stuff like that, and none of its solid, most is just tacked, and pipe is cheap like summer is long, so once the final mounting is finished up on the motor I may redo the header.

thanks for all the advice, I really have no idea what im doing, just doing it, so if anyone besides LHF has anything to say, please, feel free, cant learn everything by yourself!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Fun project for sure:beer;:beer;. My advice would be mock up your header how you want it and check into buying some mandrel bends for the final header and build one with the mandrel bends. If you can't buy the correct ones you may want to farm it out to someone who could build it for you.

Cool project and I'm sure it will be a blast!!

Dave

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
into buying some mandrel bends for the final header

jd2.com get you a cheap bender than buying

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yeah, the header is well, a lost cause, i needed something to do while i was waiting for parts, and needed something in the way to keep me from putting stuff to close in the back of the motor.

I am going to talk to a local exhaust shop and see if i cant grab some mandrel bends pretty soon and when all my final mounting is done and build a nice header pretty soon. Also was thinking about going 4-2-1 instead of the 4-2 right now then i can install a flex joint right before the turbo, my turbo is pretty solid mounted, so the motor and heat flex wont destroy the header in a ride or two. sorta like a BD sidemount header.

back to the shop!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
This is a cool project you got going. Hope to hear more about how it runs. as for the mandrel bent tubing, SLP has some for good prices. They just sell you a U tube and you can cut it up as needed. they have it in different sizes as well. good luck

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
This is a cool project you got going. Hope to hear more about how it runs. as for the mandrel bent tubing, SLP has some for good prices. They just sell you a U tube and you can cut it up as needed. they have it in different sizes as well. good luck

Thats what I was thinkin too

Ski Dooin' it - This is a sweet project!! I would like to put a cat motor in my ASSault and have the ultimate sled but.... like you I am also in
skool now and funds are short after droppin the cash for the sled

Keep the project pics comin :beer;:beer;

Oh and I will be callin you Yama dooin' it now :)

Last edited:
Premium Features