• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Conditions in Afton during 3/11-3/15?

J
Nov 29, 2008
Wyoming
I have a snowmobile trip planned for Togwotee for the same time, but if the snow is too firm/not enough powder and the storm doesn't dump enough in the next couple days to ride on, then I may change plans to Cooke City or Afton.

How has the riding been behind the mountain? TIA

T

TCC

Jan 30, 2008
I was wondering the same thing. How is the snow around Afton?

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Went around Alpine/Afton Area last week for the first time ever. It was awesome, definitely coming back next year. Snow was good Thurs, Fri. Started to set up a little by the weekend. Had sunshine all three days though, can't complain about that. Left on Sun. and it was snowing pretty hard. I guess it depends on the weather this time of year.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Rode the north end of the valley ( Indian Creek) Saturday and snow was a bit weird, unprotected slopes it was a lil crusty. Climbing was a bit weird cause you would catch a ski and get trhown funny. In the shade it was still good, Needs a good storm still.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Rode the north end of the valley ( Indian Creek) Saturday and snow was a bit weird, unprotected slopes it was a lil crusty. Climbing was a bit weird cause you would catch a ski and get trhown funny. In the shade it was still good, Needs a good storm still.

maybe if you would have come riding with us monday you might have changed your tune :D oh and send more pics... of your weekend activity!!! HOT!!!

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
maybe if you would have come riding with us monday you might have changed your tune :D oh and send more pics... of your weekend activity!!! HOT!!!

Yea where was that Invite by the way? Hard to come riding when I don't know about it eh;)

Premium Features