• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha 1 On The Scale

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I was using an analogy that you may have taken literal. It actual creased in on each side on the top primarily and a little on the sides right where the front mounting rail was for the MA can. I just looked for pics on my phone and I must have deleted as I already traded the sled in and dealer put a new tail section on right after I did.
Ahhhh yes! I thought it was bent and pointing up.
They are pretty flimsy yes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have dents in the top of the rear section of my '17 MC tunnel...from the underside up due to the track throwing hard snow/ice at it. Like hail dents. That's too light if it's doing that.

For the ones that have bent the rear sections up badly, I wonder how many have removed the little gusset plates at the rear of the boards. You know the ones that everyone on here was cutting off because they held snow?

As for pictures of the weigh-off, it hasn't happened yet this year. Usually late October or mid-November. I'll try to remember and report back.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the stock tube bumper provides some side to side strength, looks like most aftermarket bumpers are sheet metal. whats this long bumper mentioned? stock goes all way to the front section and has a bolt up there. Id lose the big flap if you're having a hard time keeping the tail straight. less bind when your pulling the front around while the rear is in a trench. these tunnels are so short, hard to picture someone dragging them enough on a wheely to hurt anything.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
i think they mean the bumper is higher as in covers the whole side of the tunnel back half, not actually longer. any of the aftermarket braces/bumpers are a nice thick aluminum that runs the full height of the tunnel sides and is bent in at the top and out at the bumper to add rigidity. not sure how a longer bumper would add any extra support

Premium Features