• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo oil pump (WHAT TYPE?!)

T

TWISTER

Jul 7, 2002
Colton South Dakota
turbos are expensive if you bye a cheap pump

Dustin couldn't agree with you more, spend thousands of dollars on a turbo set up and pinch pennies on an oil pump?wtf By the way my motor can't run a mechanical that is why i spent so much time finding the right elect. Someday im gonna make it out your way to ride with you and Humble if he gets another sled.

Rob

bmanke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I agree that the mechanical pump is very good, but there are some applications where you need an electric. Also don't forget that on some models (polaris) that the mechanical pump is driven by the belt which can fail. Also if you read the specs on the weldon pump from up above in an earlier post. you will find that it pumps way more oil than what the turbo needs which leads to higher amp draw on the stator which is not good. If you size the pump correctly you end up with low amp draw and more than enough oil.

Rob

So which electirical pump do you suggest for a mitsubishi. and where can I find one?

Premium Features