• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Weight

How does the weight of the 3 cylinder desiel motor compare to the weight of the 4 cylinder yamaha motor?
Is the motor mounted in the same spot?
Does it change where the weight is placed in the chassis?

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
engine comparison..

Hi, the 3 cyl diesel engine is surprisingly lite. I will guesstimate that it is 10 to maybe 15 lbs heavier than the Apex engine. I did not weight the diesel but when lifting it, it really doesn't seem heavy. Of interest when lifting the diesel it included the altenator and starter. Like I said, surprisingly lite.

The engine is mounted in the traditional location, albeit slightly longer center to center on the clutches than the Yamaha's but still shorter than a Polaris.

The overall weight distribution is very similar.

CR

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
How many foot pounds of torque does this engine have?

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Interesting questions

How will clutch engagement work?

Both of these are interesting questions, ..ones that I do not have any experience with so I cannot comment much. Eric hired us to build the chassis for this project, he will be completing the project at his shop in Colorado. Our work is done.

Eric has selected the STM Billet Primary clutch which should be able to handle the torque, it will undoubtedly take some time to tune, particularly with the lower engagement.

We will just have to keep an eye out for it when he gets it out onto the snow.

CR

Premium Features