• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Summit Hillclimb Makeover

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Sled ran awesome and I was very very happy. I got two days of riding in and I have the motor broke in. I think I have the jetting about right, now just have to work on the clutching. The sled pulls and pulls
The traction that the 3 in track gives you in the trees is amazing. You can crawl up technical lines picking your way through the trees were before I would have never dreamed to go. Climbing... if you can keep the sled pointed and balanced with that track and that power it will climb forever it feels like. The only times I didn't make what I wanted to was because of rider error, the sled was more then capable then I... I defiantly have a sled that will way way outperform me...

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Thats awesome !!! Theres no better feeling than having a sled that is better than the rider. Until I lose mega body weight, get stronger and gain some technical skills, I am in the same boat and have no need for a new sled.

Congrats on a great build !!

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I bought mine last spring for $5200, had a new short block, all rebuilt clutches and around 1500 miles... I think

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Dude! Nice work! Just got my 880R back from SHR, waiting on a new base plate.

Anyways, tell me more about using the 162 REV Ice Age rails for your T-mo kit. What did you have to change? I've got the same rails on my sled and want to throw a kit in the skid.

Again, nice build!

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Thanks... your gonna love the engine...

as far as the rails:
If you already have the rails mounted in your sled and its a xp then there is nothing you will have to change at all. Just take out the stock arms and put the t-motion in. No much too it. Now as far as me mounting rev rails in the xp for the first time... that required me to move the rear mounting bracket forward a couple inches I believe, but nothing else. Any more questions let me know, I can get ya some more pictures..

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Got the motor in a fired it up, runs smooth!

I guess mainly what I need to know is did you change the mounting locations the rails themselves, it looks like you used the same front mount, but maybe the rear mount is pushed back a little?

The kit would be going in my 07. I mounted an 08 skid in my old 04 so I know what it takes to get a newer skid in the REV, but I'm not sure how the mounting points on the rails line up.

Here's a pic and I've got a build thread over on DT if you're interested.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Got the motor in a fired it up, runs smooth!

I guess mainly what I need to know is did you change the mounting locations the rails themselves, it looks like you used the same front mount, but maybe the rear mount is pushed back a little?

The kit would be going in my 07. I mounted an 08 skid in my old 04 so I know what it takes to get a newer skid in the REV, but I'm not sure how the mounting points on the rails line up.

Here's a pic and I've got a build thread over on DT if you're interested.

I can't remember the exact measurements and changes anymore. However I do remember that on the rails the back arm mounting location was a inch or so back and the spring mounting location was also back back a couple inches... Now if you were to buy the t motion kit the front arm will be longer, this will require you to use a mounting hole farther forward in the tunnel, that will be the biggest obstacle.. The rear arm will work out without much change... I believe that to be true, just going from memory..
Love the xrs, always wanted one of them, still might if I ever find a good deal, backup sled or one for my son.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Well haven't worked on the sled in a couple months and it got the best of me... Had to so something to I ordered a mountain fit headlight delete plate. Fits perfect and I think it turned out good... weighs next to nothing...

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I need to put new bushings in the front suspension.... Anybody have any suggestions besides the crappy plastic BRP bushings.... Thanks

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I decided after doing a lot of reading that I was going to teach myself how to powder coat. It turned out to not cost that much and be super easy. So now I am addicted, here are some pictures of my powder coat set up and some of my work. I powder coated the spindles, chain case, brake cover, front bumper, and handlebar riser. All turned out well, and working on making my oven bigger to do larger items.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
what kind of $$ do u got into that thing??

Way more $ then I care to share... Lmao... Enough so far that it's getting to the point I could have bought a new one.... It's an addiction, the building is just about as much fun to me as the ridding...

Premium Features