• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2006 RMK 900 Build

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well...UPDATE ;)

Got to take this bad mother out today for the FIRST ride of the season for me...and it ran SO DAMN GOOD...NOT a single issue whatsoever...pulled like a MO-FO and had much more left in her...

i just went for a simple test/tune ride...only dide about 25miles total...wanted to take it easy to get it running good, and make sure all is well...didnt get on the throttle real hard either...but MAN was it there...lol..

Temps stayed at 115 all day on the trails/POW

Rpms were solid..didnt do ANY WOT, but got 2 little hillclimbs in and i saw 7600/7700 rpms...so should be about perfect at 7800rpms if i wanted to give her the onion...

so i am pretty stoked and flying high...

will get out again on Wed next week for another ride, and off to Cooke City the following week for 3 days of POW...

just have to work on the plastic fitment now and i can call it quits....hood to side panel isnt right, and hood hinge to nose plastic isnt right on one side....!!

just some simple pics to show you proof i was out there in the snow, LOL!!

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sled looks good man!!!!

Is that a tow buddy straped to the tunnel??? might be a smart choice to carry one.hahaha

still waiting for mine to get motor done,should be this week. sled looks good.

THANKS BUDDY...

yeh keep me posted when you get yours going...i would be dying if i had a turbo build and couldnt ride it yet, good luck!!

and yes, thats the Buddy Tow...been wanting one for a while, got it for xmas...hopefully i NEVER use it on my sleds, lol...but if i need it, BEST thing out there o get your sled home ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
This must be one of my favorite mod sleds on here at the moment, gotta love the Van Amburg tunnel with the Orange/black combo!!:face-icon-small-sho

wow thank you very much for the compliments...

to me its just one of those crappy rmk 900s with SOO many problems ;)

thanks again...much appreciated bud...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Wow!!!! looks great dude, nice work:face-icon-small-hap

thank you sir.

unfortunately i just wrecked the sled this weekend, lol.

not real bad, but toasted my new skinz from bumper, tweaked the skinz hood, cracked nose, fenders and side panels..

also pulled a sick side hill and it hit something and ripped out some rivots on the rear of the VE tunnel and slightly tweaked the tunnel...and chipped some of the POR 15 on the running boards from riding...

but nothing i cant fix, but dont have the money to fix it right now and i got to Revy next week :(

hmm....ill post pics when i get a chance...been gone a week, and just got back.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
been getting out and sledding a little the last few weeks...been dealing with some personal stuff and its a nice break away from it all..

last weekend i had a short in the stator wiring harness rubbing on the steering column (at least i think that was the problem)...switched stators and she is running MUCH better then before, VERY crisp...used to get a hesitation/miss every now and then but not anymore...so may have been slowly going out...

also...long story short, a friend helped me out with a new skid setup...

Timbersled Mtn. Tamer...guy had it on a skidoo, and said it was for an IQ..and didnt work out for his sled...i eventually paid $180 out of pocket after some trades/ebay sales ;)

during the install, i found out the upper idler wheel cross shaft was for a skidoo, so i switched the cross shaft with my stock shaft but the rear torque arm was for an IQ....then found out the front torque arm was for a skidoo cause it was 1" too wide but eveything else lined up perfect it was just too wide...so i trimmed 1/2" from the upper mount shaft and its a perfect fit now..and installed in minutes

Had to modify a Fit Kit bracket from a RAW 163 to make it work...redrilled the arm hole back, and VERY carefully modify the ice age rails to use the bracket so the measurements were correct..

the rail adapter doesnt match the rails of coarse, so i am thinking about having one custom made this summer to match the rails, and mount more securely...and maybe it will help Ice Age as well if they decide to sell the fit kit as well so guys with the standard rails like myslef wont have to get Timbersled specific rails if they upgrade their suspension at a later time ;)

of coarse i powder coated all the bushings/spacers, lol...cane out pretty sweet i think

IMG_20110326_231658.jpg

IMG_20110327_235304.jpg

IMG_20110402_135635.jpg

IMG_20110402_135707.jpg

i have all the weights written down at home that i will post in comparision to stock setup. and will do a complete sled comparision as well from stock to where my sled is now ;)

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Glad to hear you got her up and running again.

Definitely one of the nicest builds ive seen!!

Hows the snow flap holding up for you? I remember you said you'd put it to the test!!

-Matt

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Glad to hear you got her up and running again.

Definitely one of the nicest builds ive seen!!

Hows the snow flap holding up for you? I remember you said you'd put it to the test!!

-Matt

lol, hey matt..:wave:

yeh i put it to the test everytime i mount this beast...and when i do the turbo this summer, its gonna take a beating for sure. LOL.

its holding up great man..NO regrets..if i ever get my damn 05 975 big block going, ill get one for that sled too no doubt...

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Haha.

Very good to hear!

Keep up the posts on the turbo this summer.

Looking forward to seeing what you turn her into with some boost in it!!

-Matt

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just a quick update on this baby since its been a while.

--got some of my turbo parts over the last 8 months when i had money, would sell something and stick it aside to put towards it.

--still need to get an A/F gauge, 1:1 Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator and Oil pump for the turbo...

--need to send my SLP domes off to get them cut for the Turbo

--still need to get a STOCK OEM 2006 900 exhuast pipe (if anyone has one for sale cheap let me know), and build the dump into the turbo off it.

--need charge tube material...still debating to use Steel or Aluminum for that

never got a chance to weigh my sled to see where i was at before my turbo stuff, but im sure i can get it before im finished with the turbo and then ill do a "after mod" weight and after "turbo build" weight

--motor is in the mail to Indydan for a TM1 crank...its a long story on this, but lets just say i got dumped on hard for my other "plan" and dan graciously is helping me out. so sincere thanks to him as always..

here is the parts my buddy built for me (minus the turbo of course) , i couldnt have asked for anything nicer quality...

PART_1310576051706-1.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok, so after a LONG process...and tonz of nickel and diming its coming together, lol.

i REALLY wanted to take this build serious, well i always do on my builds, but since ive only ridden a turbo sled once (thanks to my Team Thunderstruck buddies, lol) and i HAD no idea what it takes to build a Turbo, i took a year to learn it and slowly piece is all together...

First a HUGE thanks to Dan Jones (DMJ1 on the forum) for the custom made Boost Box, exhaust down pipe, and oil tank..he made them for an 05 900 chassis, which is close to the 06, but not a simple bolt in part, so after some tweaking they are flipping AWESOME.

i have every part either installed, waiting to go on, or in the mail FINALLY...so hoping by mid Dec, it will be DONE...and ready to ROCK!!

I installed a SICK ArcticFX hood wrap, thanks to Jordan..

orders and modified a stock 2013 Pro-R Switchback Assault seat cover...took lots of pulling and tweaking but looks killer.

found out my buddy Bill at Mountain Fot Hoods makes a gauge lifter for the IQ hoods, so super stoked and snagged one of them babies.

will post some engine pics soon, just waiting till i get some time to powder coat my charge tubes, hood hinge, and intake snorkel tube.

got SLP domes to run pump fuel as well. But will run 100% AVGAS 100LL at 12lbs ;)

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

Premium Features