For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: S-2000 and older 1998 and older, all models in the S-2000 chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Donner Summit800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Default '97 Summit 670 coolant leak into case?

My 1997 Summit 670 is leaking coolant into the bottom end I suspect. I just had good oil/ coolant and now the oil bottle is milky and the coolant has some oil in it but remians at spec. level when run hard. Engine mounting and belly pan show signs of oil/ coolant-mixtue leak... This sled KILLS IT otherwise and always starts clean, no fouling plugs or other running issues. Any help will be GREATLY Apprieciated and if it comes down to it I will rebuild the whole thing and mod that sh*t out while I'm at it because this engine is KILLER...

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Currently: Previously known as "Deadsled1"
Basic Member
Tmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond reputeTmann has a reputation beyond repute

Oil in the coolant...maybe but if there is a leak in the engine (head gasket) possibly since this system is typicall a closed recirc system, but coolant in the oil not likely. The oil circuit is gravety fed and one way through the oil pump. Coolant leak in the engine typically results in coolant level drop and the fuel in the crank case floats on top of the coolant. Not seeing an easy explanation for your water/oil mixing. Check the plugs for water beads. There is a coolant pressure tester. It a pump and guage that attaches to a non venting cap that goes on the coolant bottle. Pump it up and see if the pressure drops over a couple hours. If it doesnt then there is no leak in the system. The one I use is made by snap on and is also good for cars

The Following User Says Thank You to Tmann For This Useful Post:
Donner Summit800 (04-06-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Basic Member
doozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond repute
Default oil/coolant mix

I ha

Last edited by doozack; 04-28-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: delete it

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Basic Member
doozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond reputedoozack has a reputation beyond repute
Default oil/coolant mix

I had the same thing happen to my 97. After I tore it down I found the rotary valve/water pump shaft had some rough spots on it causing the seals to leak between the systems(pretty sure there was a oil return at the bottom of the case). I found some summit x cases and rebuilt them using my crank, replacing all seals and any bearings that felt bad or worn. Notched out my R/V cover(guy sold me a non x) and cylinder skirts to match the x cases. Don't use a carbon fiber R/V, it wears the **** out of your cases. Thats why I switched cases.

The Following User Says Thank You to doozack For This Useful Post:
Reeb (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Zack knows what he's talkin about. Bet dollars to cents its the waterpump shaft.
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07