• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamadoo remodeling

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
overall im VERY please with the performance yesterday in cooke. the snow was VERY deep with lots of super fluffy snow on top, making for some serious load right off the bat.

I had serious intake issues, it was a day for under the hood air. it was just to fluffy and the thing was getting covered stalling out the sled on carves, and when climbing it would just start to collect snow and lose RPM. Acurate tuning was not really happening as my main goal was NOT to get stuck all day.

other then that, no mechanical issues, clutching is WAY better, clutches were still gettin pretty dang hot, BUT, so were everyones. it was WOT on anything other then dowhill, even with a turbo. Sled is also still VERY heavy, but with the new skid setup, she handles great, pretty effortless in the snow, still heavy, but it caries it a LOT better now.

only issue I really had, was I installed my boost controller but it doesnt seem to be working, i was only pulling 8# of boost all day and considering I have a head shim and propane, i can run up to around 20#.. hoping to get that figured out as even 12-13# would have been a lot nicer.. just needed MORE power all day/s

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Damn.. Keep up the good work Bob Marly..
ahahah.. thanks man.

hopin to take it out again soon. working on a solution for the intake as we speak, i think initially it was to close to the coolers/turbo and it got wet then, so it was a loosing battle. and the snow was just silly, so didnt help. also replumbing the boost controler, i have it on my dash and was adjusting it while climbing around yesterday, but nothing was happening.. gotta love adjusting boost while riding!!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
intake

Put the intake out the stock gas filler hole. Should not get a ton of snow there. And the heat should not be there melting the snow. In dry powder the snow should bounce off the filter if the filter is not wet.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would go there, just doesnt work out routing wise. my motor lays way to far back, and the way my charge tube comes out it totalyl blocks things off. And yesterday, if your itnake was outside, it was clogging, my roomates stock dragon intakes behind the windshield was getting covered. I think i can put it under the seat a little farther back, BUT, just gottat test it out, I need to keep it away from the steam, as once it gets any ice on it, then the snow starts to feeze to that and you just dont get any good from it. also have a way i might be able to draw right from behind the turbo heat shield and in front of the tank.. not 100% sure i want it there as its gonna be drawing warm air, but should not bog.. and melt off nciely.

I might just buy another prefilter, so once one freezes up, i can throw it in my coat and let it dry out, and throw a fresh one on. not ideal, but will help so i dont have to stop and try to dry it out.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I took the sled out again today in some not quite as impressive snow, but good stuff none the less. the boost controller must have been frozen the other day, It was ripping and hitting 10# with the controller dialed all the way down. sled runs damn good all day, has a little stutter in it, but really easy to throttle around, the thing freakin hauls the mail compared to last year, climbs way better, and doesnt wheelie all stupid like. gonna take it back out tommorow and try to get it into a nice big old bowl and make some nice long pulls on it to shee how she does.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, no updates in a while.. guess its cuz I have just been riding and enjoying it.. I did find my wastegate had broken off its mount, and thats why I couldnt make full boost and it was sorta laggy.. silly stuff. got that fixed up. other then that, and the starter relay froze on me 2x now, its been running solid for me.. 100000x better then last year.

I also updated my charge tube pickup for my propane regulator.. see if it helps my midrange lean stutter, wasnt bad before.. should help make it better

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the sled is rockin out... still a few hicups.. mainly needs another BOV as thats causing some stupid issues with on/off throttle performance causing it to go very rich when I chop it under high boost making it a hair laggy when getting back into it. this is hard in the tight trees. I also got the boost up to around 12# now.. lots more fun then the 8/9 before.. I was trying to run over 20 with the wastegate unhooked, but it just kept blowing my silicone coupler off my propane mixer.. but was fast for the second it held together.

I also pretty much raped the little bit of sort of nice plastic that was left on the sled. I tried to climb a cliff... it didnt work(big suprise?) and smashed my front hood into about 100 peices, broke the mounts of the dash setup and put a 1' hole in my right sidepanel when it rolled over me. patching the right hole with plexi glass for now and trying to build a sort of tube mesh hood/dash assembly. for those of you who know what Pex is, thats what its getting made out of.. flexible plastic water line, stuff is strong, flexable and will bounch back when I keep tomahawking the thing down the hill.

Im very please with its performance as I have rolled it over 2x now, in the last day out none the less. roll it down the hill, let it sit upside down, whatever, crank the key and it fires up instantly.. its amazing. this is the biggest plus I can think of after last years stupid fighting with the thing trying to get it to fire after just laying it on its side. no more ruined days because of a rollover.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
good to see its working out, How's the range so far with the propane? Can you get a full day of riding in?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
dont know.. I have been lazy and not filling it all the way, so no. i keep running out on the way home.. I got a magnetic block heater to install on the tank in my truck to heat up and jack up the pressure, should speed up fill times imensely and then I can get my full 12 gallons at a time. the cold makes for slow transfer as there is little pressure in the tanks.

I will say about the propane, the first few days i rode it, put 2 bbq tanks in and rode nice decent length days and never ran it out.. thats around 7 gallons put in per ride.. so it isnt a hog on fuel at all.\

I will have to get pictures up, but Im building a tube framed mesh hood/console assembly.. making it out of pro-pex.. for those of you not in the building industry, its just flexible plastic water lines, pretty stiff, but will give when i roll, then I wont mangle it.. and I have acess to 500' rolls of it, so the hood costs like $10 to make in mesh/rivets/couplers.. hopefully it turns out decent looking.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
magnetic block heater on the big tank = insane fast filling... now I know I actualy have fuel instead of guessing how much I put in.

also got my mesh hood done the other day.. thinking about painting it all orange.. but for now here she is.. also moved the tach down to the propane regulator, sick of trying to break it off the bars when i roll or hit trees. sorry its so shakey... im a little jittery. it looks better in person IMO.

CIMG0638.jpg

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
it looks meaner...i like it! are you headed to cooke in the next few days? I just seen josh and he was headed that away. I will probubly head up tuesday or the next.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
it looks like a duck... its the silliest looking thing on the planet, but I REFUSE to pay for plastic.. they last like one ride before i hit something... so this thing is cheep.. and bendy.

the sled is deteriorating physically, i bent the steering post mounts on top by the bars in my little cartwheel.... just waiting to get back to school. hopefully gonna build a jig and start workin on a tube chassis.. and if I do this thing over AGAIN.. the turbo system is gonna be even more efficient.. oh boy. Im likin it right now.. but I always want better. so the ideas keep flowin. and at this rate. there will be NO plastic by next season.. just alum and mesh.

Or I could just learn to not wreck, but thats why I did propane.. i like to roll and cartwheel off stuff.and sleds dont last long like that.

as for cooke, not down there till the 7-9th... duh.. thats why josh didnt answer his phone.. no service.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. what you didnt see in the last picture was the giant cracked up hole in the right side panel.. a stupid tree in cooke took the rest so i had about 2/3's of the plastic left for the panel, and the 2 big peices were no longer attached, so I had no more right side panel.. it was hard to copy a panel that is totally destroyed, but i like how it came out and fits. I might try out the clutch side next as that panel is on its way out as well.

of course I didnt pay for new paneling.. built a new panel out of conduit and mesh, its just a prototype i threw together today.. it weighs less then whats left of the old panel, and its pretty thick steel... if I did it out of alum it would be way lighter. Im gonna see how it holds up and possibly skin the bottom with some very thin aluminum sheeting. its also a hair narrower then the RT paneling, trying to trim the beast down.

here she is, and whats left of the old panel.

100_4167.jpg

100_4168.jpg

100_4169.jpg

100_4170.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
That turned out great. Looks a little more put together than the old pannel haha. `Time will tell how long the mesh on the bottom half will work. Were gonna have to come up with a chromoloy version.

Premium Features