• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 Engine Mount Update Kit 2019 (pics)

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Here is what the G4 Engine Mount Update Kit looks like. Got mine in last week.

There is no parts list in the box. The small parts are in a plastic bag.

My sled "The Mower" is a 2017 x 154 x 3.0 and have last season updates installed; but I went a little further south in the gearing with 19-53(God I love it) ....trees are for traction!

This season we'll install the new parts, seeing what they do compared to last season update parts. Again, testing with the original 2017 belt guard, monitoring heat underneath, getting personal firsthand knowledge.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Part #861805528 KIT G4 ENGINE MOUNT UPDATE KIT / KIT MAJ FIXATION MOTEUR G4

Umm...I can't say how much I paid for it. I suspect it will be around $79 CDN dollars.

Attachments

• engine mount update 850 summit.jpg
    engine mount update 850 summit.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2,768
  • engine mount update 850 summit2.jpg
    engine mount update 850 summit2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,795
Last edited:

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Thanks for the info Joey. However, isn't it best that our dealers perform the changes if warranty claims are successful? That way they can relay back to ski-doo that the updates have been performed to such and such's sled.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The Ski-Doo dealer is always the first line of defense. Always build a case if you have problems and provide evidence (proof of a fact) to support your case. (Facts are stubborn and undeniable) Get a Ski-Doo mechanic to do the work, needing to be done by a Ski-Doo mechanic; build your maintenance history - this is best for resale too, to persuade confidence in a potential buyer.

Some snowmobiles will not get an update; no need for it, no case built with existing owned sleds. Some people have hundreds to few-thousands of miles on an original drive belt.

I got the update kit because I can tap into a pipeline due to my job. And wanted to be one of the first summit owner to have one in my hands to look at; regardless if my sled was getting one or not. I confess, its more of a "lust/greed for shiny things" sort of thing with me. heh heh...:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
well I can disclose the cost taxes out the door was $50.00 CDN. Installed mine yesterday, do not believe the 2.7 hrs. they claim to install probably double it. I remember a Skidoo dealer telling me it's easier to remove the motor to change mounts than installing them with motor in place. I get a kick out of the video it doesn't show things like coolant hoses, wire harnesses, reed valves, doesn't account for belly pans.
to drill the 1" hole I used a 7/8" hole saw. Good luck.

B

big_red1a

Oct 23, 2008
Here is what the G4 Engine Mount Update Kit looks like. Got mine in last week.

There is no parts list in the box. The small parts are in a plastic bag.

My sled "The Mower" is a 2017 x 154 x 3.0 and have last season updates installed; but I went a little further south in the gearing with 19-53(God I love it) ....trees are for traction!

This season we'll install the new parts, seeing what they do compared to last season update parts. Again, testing with the original 2017 belt guard, monitoring heat underneath, getting personal firsthand knowledge.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Part #861805528 KIT G4 ENGINE MOUNT UPDATE KIT / KIT MAJ FIXATION MOTEUR G4

Umm...I can't say how much I paid for it. I suspect it will be around $79 CDN dollars.

So this replaces the parts on all 3 engine mounts shown in execelent animated video from BRP in Sweden?

C
Nov 27, 2007
Joe-
How does this kit compare to the other after market shim kits on the market? Not sure I’ve seen other kits that address all the motor mounts

I
Jul 5, 2001
Grip N Rip tool

Here is a couple measurements from my sled with 18 motor mounts ( solid front PTO mount) and a 18 with up date mounts..... still needs a little adjusting to get 100% correct......

So for the guys that have the "updates" installed and think its 100% cured, that might not be the case if it's out of alignment to start....just from what I'm seeing....

Attachments

• Pat-18-850.jpg
    Pat-18-850.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Steve-18-850.jpg
    Steve-18-850.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
U would think after the third year they would get it ! Still updates happening! I think after owning this 17 850 I’m going to have a hard time being brand loyal and gonna jump ship but must admit they are a fun sled to ride !

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
U would think after the third year they would get it ! Still updates happening! I think after owning this 17 850 I’m going to have a hard time being brand loyal and gonna jump ship but must admit they are a fun sled to ride !
That's the thing about the g4. It's a mechanical piece of junk in the mountains but no sled in history has made so many people smile! It is a riot to ride.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Joe-
How does this kit compare to the other after market shim kits on the market? Not sure I’ve seen other kits that address all the motor mounts

Hi. Sorry im not comparing any aftermarket shim kits. In this category of testing, I wont/didn't jump on the bandwagon going out to test other people's products, presuming stock is bad.

I have to assume stock is good and evaluate my sled and the sleds in my group to get some kind of value/benchmark to go by so I can come up with my own solution, if-needed.

Patience always wins out; now BRP has this engine mount update and I didnt spend time assessing aftermarket parts that are already obsolete.

Eventually BRP will quit tweaking their product and people will forget this all happened, just like every new platform that's made.

Premium Features