• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed Trailer Propane Tanks ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Have a couple of 30lb propane tanks for the heat in the trailer. I want to buy a big tank. What are the sizes generally used ? Where did you buy them in Canada ? How did you install them (trailer mounting) etc ?? Ideas ? Are there any transport rules or regulations ?

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I just mounted 2 30lb tanks on the front of the "V" nose part of the trailer, opposite side of the front door/ramp similar to these pictures.
The twins in these pics are only 20lbs

I also ended up buying a plastic cover to enclose both tanks to keep the road grit and slush off them. It looks real good but I don't have pics of My trailer, just these...
Twinscloseup.jpg

frontoftrailerout1.jpg

Last edited:
L
Jan 5, 2007
South Dakota
I have seen the 25lb mounts before, but nothing like that for a 100lb tank. Do you know where to get one of these or is did someone fabricate that mount?? Does it have a cover to keep the road grime off of it?

M

mtnclmr

Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I bought an old tank from a guy at the local rv store. It mounts sideways, works great, best trailer mod yet! Besides the heater that is.It holds about 25 gal.
SafeRedirect.aspx

That won't be pretty in a Jack Knife accident.

I never crashed till I crashed. We were going 35 on Icy interstate with crosswinds, truck and trailer studded up, trailer came around and smacked the side of the truck, turned us around in one lane and we stopped facing the wrong way in the same lane. Took about one second. If my propane tank would have been mounted where that is mounted, Boom?

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
We took a 50 gallon tank and mounted under the trayler. You just hafe to make shure that it is up high enough so that the tank does not drag.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
i jsut scored two alum fork truck bottles (25lb i think?) from a good friend, they feel like 3 lbs empty, think im going to mount them inbetween the two axles, as mounting them on the nose side is plumb dumb if you ask me, my truck bumper and trailer nose spend alot of time touching.....i need more angle, not less

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
get the thin long tank for the bed of a pickup and mount it under the trailer and run the filler to the edge, you don't even see the tank and they are 100lb so they last all season

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
I have seen the 25lb mounts before, but nothing like that for a 100lb tank. Do you know where to get one of these or is did someone fabricate that mount?? Does it have a cover to keep the road grime off of it?

That trailer with the 100lb tank is mine. I built that mount for it myself, I welded a ring around the bottom of the tank which is bolted to the bottom plate. The top is supported by a bracket that mounts between the handle of the bottle and the angle iron. As for the safety concerns for jack knifing I completly understand the concerns. However with the shorter nose of the mirage trailer, and the placement of the tank, I can jack knife and not hit the bottle. Not to say that once the truck is crushed in 6 inches that it wouldnt hit the bottle, but hey there is no real safe place. I'm going to wrap part of it in diamond plate soon, but I've been spending to much time insulating it, and putting in my permanent duct work. I will post lots of pictures in a couple of weeks, once most of everything is complete.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I just use a 7 gallon tank and put it up against the wall on the opposite side of the door. I do not like the mounted styles because then I have to drag the trailer to get propane instead of just the tank. works the best IMO

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Someone in Kelowna does refurbished tanks. Does anyone have a name and number ? I'm looking for the twin 12"X60" with a vapor line. I want a 180 L tank or so. Anyone ?

Premium Features