• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

replacing stock challenger with harder lug challenger

D
Jan 9, 2008
i have heard alot of people say the stock challenger on the m series is too soft has anyone replaced their track with a stiffer lug version and noticed a significant difference

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
On my stock challanger its starting to fold the lugs over. It only has 700 miles on it. I havnt changed tracks yet but its in the future.:)

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
What i did with my M8 was just turn the track around and run it backwards. This seems to help out alot and it saved me a few $$$ so thats always nice. I've had great luck with it so far although i only have a couple hundred miles on it so far so i don't know how durable it will be.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Flipping the track worked on my 8, but after about 1000 miles it was about the same as before. On the 1000 the 2.5 is a big difference, very noticeable.

I think on a stock 8 the extra weight of the 2.5 might not be worth it (just my guess, not sure), but on the 1000 it sure is.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I put the Challenger Extreme on my TM7 and it works much better. As mentioned, turning the stock track around after it starts to fold over, but it is still a softer track than the Camo. Challenger Extreme.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i flipped the track around on my m7 and after only a few rides i flipped it back cuz it was a trenching sum b and i was gettin my butt handed to me left and right on the hills. on the hard pack it was great but if you ride in any kinda soft snow i wouldnt recomend it.

M

m8matt

Nov 26, 2007
Put a 2.5 extreme on my M8. Single best mod I have done. It does slow the track speed a little thou.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Stiffer lugs trench more... Just an FYI. That's why the XRS Challenger Lite track was such a poor performer.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
btw, if you're going to flip the track you need to give it more than a few days, it will trench like hell for a few till it rolls back the other way a bit, then it ends up being just slightly stiffer than forward.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
track

i got rid of my camo heat exchanger lite, powder design. it only worked in powder nothing else. if it snowed the day before and a crust formed that track would spin while hillclimbing, or under hard acceleration. i tried reversing it but it didnt change much. call camoplast or your favorite supplier some of these tracks are available in different compounds for stiffer tracks. im running a 9876 on my yamaha, but you need to check to see what will work for you.

Premium Features