• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low seats

OhioMike1989

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2017
There is quite a few options for after market lower seats.

Has anyone just trimmed the foam and put the oem seat cover back?

to lose 1-3" of OEM seat at a local upholstry shop may be cheaper than buying an entire new seat espeially to maintain the OEM cover..

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
lower seat

i did and read about others that have as well. i lowered it between 1 1-2" in front to almost a full 2" in back. i also narrowed it up 1 1/2". this allows me to hop over faster or use knee on seat.
i read of guys using electric carving knives and sanders to fine tune. i think this method would work best. be careful with the higher speed sanders the seat tends to grab, then quickly you cut a notch.
Mark your seat and seat plastic before removal for reference points it helps to line it up when you go to reattach.

best advice i can give is dont use a hot knife. i ended up with a chunky mess that i had to backfill in some areas.
You can watch videos on repairing seats on Youtube if you mess up.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Did mine last season and loved it! Electric knife and a belt sander... Looks good, Feels good, works good!

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
Yes dont buy an after market seat! Take 1’’ off the top and 2” off the sides . It will change your life. 30’’ in seam pants i’m A short guy . 36’’ A arms .

OhioMike1989

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2017
Yes dont buy an after market seat! Take 1’’ off the top and 2” off the sides . It will change your life. 30’’ in seam pants i’m A short guy . 36’’ A arms .

have some pictures? I'm about 5' 9-10" and 32" inseams and this season will be my first time riding back country and mountains and want to set myself up right as possible my first time out.

Premium Features