• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280

B
Jan 1, 2017
Hello everyone, first time poster, glad to be here. I have a question, I am considering putting a new track on my 2010 m8. I was shopping tracks and like the camoplast conquer 280. My only concern is that will there be enough clearance for the track under the tunnel? I know some guys have put 3 inch tracks in their m8s but have to cut the track to get clearance, will the 2.8 clear without cutting or will I have to go for 2.6 powder claw or 2.5 camoplast?
Thanks.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
A lot of people have put a real 3in track on the M series without modification.

GS6

F
Nov 26, 2007
www.boondockers.com
Heard (second hand) that the 280 is too stiff and trenches in the light stuff, works great for spring conditions - was hoping it lived up to the hype since it's so light, etc, but going to hold off until I can try it first hand...

Glock41

Premium Member
Jan 9, 2016
Selah wa
first ride was with lots of fluff and no base. Trenched bad. Last ride was with a foot and a half of fluff over a base and it was better but still not what I was hoping for. At this point if I had to do it again I would probably go with the 2.6. One thing I will say is that I was worried about durability due to the light weight but that first ride I hit logs, stumps, rocks you name it and it held up fine. I will also say that I have always had issues with this sled trenching even after trying the geo mod and endless shock pressures and revalves.

S
Sep 18, 2013
My first ride out on my M series it trenches bad bad! I can say one thing, it climbs like a monster but I am not sold on it yet. I don't think I would buy it over again. I wish I would have held onto my challenger extreme cause it would be going back on.

Last edited:

Glock41

Premium Member
Jan 9, 2016
Selah wa
I also put the 36" alternative impact front end on over the summer. I don't think the track was worth the money but narrowing the front was worth every penny.

Best mod I've done period!!!!

Hopefully with a few more rides in different snow conditions the 2.8 will prove to be better than what I have initially experienced.

Jason

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Now that we have some base I am very happy with the track, I am running a Kmod skid so not apples to apples, But super impressed the track right now. Hard to compare from last yr with the 3'' due to 17'' chain case and 8 tooth, worth every penny btw. Best mod you can do. I also pulled my limiters up one hole from last yr, very happy with combination of track and 17 relocate.

B
Jan 1, 2017
Thanks everyone for the comments, the next question I have is more concerning all tracks not just the conquer. I rode a buddies 2015 rmk and while very nice, it was too easy to lay over for me, by contrast the m8 is hard to layover, is there any chance a track could help this or is it front end geometry?
Thanks

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
That's front end geometry and shock setup. Also the front track shock plays a big role in how it handles.

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
Thanks everyone for the comments, the next question I have is more concerning all tracks not just the conquer. I rode a buddies 2015 rmk and while very nice, it was too easy to lay over for me, by contrast the m8 is hard to layover, is there any chance a track could help this or is it front end geometry?
Thanks

Very effective performance upgrade - though you do have to shorten your front shocks ..

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375088&highlight=arms

Premium Features