• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowbike featured on Cover of Feb 2015 Issue of Snowest Magazine

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Not only nice little article, but on the cover? Wonder how much hate mail Snowest will receive from that from the double plankers?! Ha. Fun how far snowbike recognition has come over the last few years. Good for you Snowest!

Really more of a two page Mod/specs article, but interesting that they are now using snowbikes for the photo shoot guys because they are easier to get to where they need to sit to do the photos.

One part that confused me was the Rekluse clutch comment. I agree that they would be good against stalls, but the comment that threw me was "...and being in the right spot in the power band while climbing is managed by the autoclutch". Not really sure what that means since the clutch is locked up and should not be slipping at any rpm over stall rpm. If you had it set up to slip that easy through your entire lower rpm range to force you to keep the rpms up, you'd just burn it out in a hurry. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what they were trying to convey.

A Husky 501 is a nice choice for there use. Again, not an in depth article, but sure fun to see a snowbike on the cover and also photos mixed in with snowmobile photos in other sections like the snowbike in the "Snowmobiling Travel Guide" section and the Snowdust photo on the last page.

Last edited:
Premium Features