• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM goggles

Z
Oct 13, 2008
Yakima, Wa
klim goggles

My riding partner just bought a pair and they are the biggest pieces of **** hes ever owned. They were fogged all day and I laughed all day because I had cheap goggles and had to lead because he couldnt see. Just my two cents.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I don't know how his goggles could've possibly fogged

My radius's are amazing! Any hint of fog disapears as quick as it appeared... I'm a fan!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My buddy has a pair and they fogged the first day.
But it was over 3ft deep and we were all stuck every 30 min.
They seem like good goggles but not any better than my Scott 89xi.

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
I have two pairs and have wore them both on different occasions. They are an incredible fit in the helmet. But are the worst goggles I have ever worn in fine powder conditions the snow dust gets in and causes moisture then your toast the rest of the day. They are the worst fogging goggles I have ever owned.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
rode all day yesterday again, no fog, 509's stayed in the underhood bag.....different strokes for different folks I guess, whatever works for you..:face-icon-small-coo

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Yup, I really like the field of vision and the fit and comfort of the goggles, but the 'no fog' claim is a little bit of a stretch IMO, not excessive, but not non-existent. Granted the 2 trips I have ridden with them have been really really deep days with LOTS of digging out stuck sleds (that's when they fog). Overall I really like them and will continue to use them for sure. I was running Scott 89XI's before and I like the Klim's better :face-icon-small-coo I will also say that they seem to de-fog quicker than my Scotts did and that while I'm in motion there is never an issue at all, which I am very impressed by. If the performance I have seen so far from these remains as they are, I would not hesitate to purchase another pair, I do really like them.

Last edited:
M
Nov 30, 2007
Anacortes
I have tried the klim goggles for four trips now and hands down they are the worst pair of goggles i have ever owned. I own nothing but klim gear from helmet to boots and love their equipment, however these goggles are not worthy of the yellow K. They fog rapidly and do not seem to clear very well. hopefully they work well for others because they certainly dont for me.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt, after they fogged my first three trips out in various conditions. After my fourth ride out using them, I had enough and went back to my 509's. I've tried many different brands Scotts, Oakleys, Smith, along with quite a few others and the Klims rate towards the bottom for me. Love my coat, bibs, and boots but their NO FOG goggles not so much.:face-icon-small-dis

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Talked to the Klim Canada rep and they are haveing issues for sure. We returned all ours and got full refunds. They were bad bad. Icing between the lenses. Manufacturing defects they are saying so get em back to your dealers and complain. They know about the issues.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
The icing between the lenses has been a warranty issue for us down here in the states, but we just now started hearing about small fine particles of snow getting through the foam, guesss we will keep a look out for our customers concerns etc, and post back!

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
I took these out for one ride and they fogged so bad i could not beleive it. brought my old scott goggles along just in case things went bad. was i ever glad i did that. i have klim coat, bibs, helmet, boots, gloves and have been very happy with them. the goggles stay away from till klim gets it figured out. i will take them back to where i bought them and see what happens.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
pivoting outriggers

I have used quite a few different goggle brands. What I have noticed with the KLIM goggles is the lack of pivoting outriggers for the straps is a huge step back from the 509's, smith, or any other brand WITH the pivoting outrigger (where the strap mounts to the goggle). But, if you wear the strap tighter than normal, the goggle will seal to your face, whala no fogging. Most of the fogging issue I see people compain about is in the way THEY ARE WEARING THE GOGGLES! not the goggles themselves.....to each their own, but I feel KLIM missed the boat big time on the lack of features that have been the standard in the industry for years....

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I'll jump on the bandwagon too. Long time Klim poster child but the goggles are 5 years behind some of the others. The foam is too hard and thin. They don't have the strap hinges to accommodate different helmets. They fogged up in minutes. After getting that under control, they got moisture inside the lens. At that point, they are toast. Tried to dry them out at the cabin and ended up distorting the lens with too much heat. Say good bye to $140.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
whitefish....

they will warranty your lens if you got moisture between the lenses.....1-208-552-7433.....tell them they need to get up to speed on the goggles and to send you a new lens!

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
I have buying Klim since they were a one horse operation up the stars in downtown Rigby. I have to say that this is the first time I have ever been disappointed with a Klim product. They could easily trademark the name Insta-fog.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
they will warranty your lens if you got moisture between the lenses.....1-208-552-7433.....tell them they need to get up to speed on the goggles and to send you a new lens!

I know they will but I don't want a new lens that fogs like this one does. Back to the Scott Voltage goggles.

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
I have tried the klim goggles for four trips now and hands down they are the worst pair of goggles i have ever owned. I own nothing but klim gear from helmet to boots and love their equipment, however these goggles are not worthy of the yellow K. They fog rapidly and do not seem to clear very well. hopefully they work well for others because they certainly dont for me.

x2 not what i expected from klim!

Premium Features