• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New member from Alberta, Canada

H
Oct 4, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Hello all!

New to the forum and new to snowmobiling!

Just picked up a 2009 Arctic Cat M8 LE 153 with 550 miles on 'er. Came with a mbrp can, a cover, jerry can, spare belt and plugs. Also already has the double-wide bearing and hard clutch rollers, which I assume are necessary upgrades.

I live in the Edmonton area and usually make it out to the mountains 5-10 times a year for skiing. Hoping to ultimately use the snowmobile for sled access back-country skiing, but know I need to learn how to ride this thing first! Also don't know where any of the "good spots" are to ride, for both sled-skiing or snowmobiling. I know a few people around here that go, but not many.

Anyway, I already got my sled ripped apart and figuring out how it all works. Already looking at buying upgrades/mods for it, however I know I need to still buy the essentials still (helmet, backpack, beacon, shovel, etc...) I'm having fun already, looks like it will be an expensive, but addicting hobby!

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
Hello all!

New to the forum and new to snowmobiling!

Just picked up a 2009 Arctic Cat M8 LE 153 with 550 miles on 'er. Came with a mbrp can, a cover, jerry can, spare belt and plugs. Also already has the double-wide bearing and hard clutch rollers, which I assume are necessary upgrades.

I live in the Edmonton area and usually make it out to the mountains 5-10 times a year for skiing. Hoping to ultimately use the snowmobile for sled access back-country skiing, but know I need to learn how to ride this thing first! Also don't know where any of the "good spots" are to ride, for both sled-skiing or snowmobiling. I know a few people around here that go, but not many.

Anyway, I already got my sled ripped apart and figuring out how it all works. Already looking at buying upgrades/mods for it, however I know I need to still buy the essentials still (helmet, backpack, beacon, shovel, etc...) I'm having fun already, looks like it will be an expensive, but addicting hobby!

Just wanting to point out the obvious that you already zoned in on..."Looks expensive" is correct but it's the most fun you'll ever have..:)

Welcome to Snowest, have fun!

Premium Features