• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

USA Snotel snow/water equivalent and snow depth Maps!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...446045&sspn=5.369953,8.712158&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=4

OK. I hope that this helps all of you guys wanting to come out and ride. It gives you a pretty accurate depth and percent of average.

But a quick rundown. Red, yellow and the left half of bright green is bad, very bad. The right half of green is ok and moving along the color spectrum it gets better. Grey bubbles are no data.

I know you all see the pics of some guys out there. Those are pics in little deep snow pockets that you won't ever find on your own

Now blast away if you want, but the sole purpose is to keep masses of people taking time off, spending money all to arrive to less than epic snow conditions and getting nothing but broken sleds, dreams and major disappointment. That would suck. Great for locals who make $$ off you but I know if I took a week off, spent $3500 bucks to come ride, it had better be at least halfway decent. I'd get upset if some guy said "yeah, it's pretty good", I make plans based on his word and come out to less than decent riding. I mean, now I'm out 40 hours PTO, I'm out $3500 and I have a busted sled.

So, I really hopes you traveling riders some.

Jeva

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Is their a way to make that same map with snow depth? Does it update with time or is it just what it is as of today?

Premium Features