• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got work?

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I don't.... Please keep me in mind if you hear of any openings. I have experience in, IT (computer support), management, small engine repair, warehouse, driving, fantastic customer service skills! I am looking for anything that I can support my family on. Willing to drive to SLC or Logan. There are a ton of people out there looking for jobs, its crazy. Most places won't even take your resume, they just tell you to apply online.

I don't smoke, don't drink, I am married and have 3 kids.

As they say.... it's not what you know but who you know!

I would be happy to email anyone my resume.

Thanks guys!!

Does anyone know anybody that works for Digis wireless internet??

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Interested in any oilfield work in the Uintah basin? I can check around if you want.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Send me your resume. sled_guy@yahoo.com

We don't have anything advertised open right now, but that doesn't mean we don't actually need people. Fire it off to me and I'll see what the IT department has going right now.

sled_guy

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I am sure you will find a better option before then, but I will need somebody come Christmas time through about mid March. I think you know already I am in Heber City. Touch bases with me as we get closer if you haven't found anything better. Perks would be you could ride my Pro on your days off.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
I too have IT experience and am almost done with a bachelors in programming and looking for work. Any help would be appriciated.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
http://www.landesk.com/about/career-listings.aspx

Position: Product Support Engineer Location: South Jordan, UT Job Id: NA0727113 # of Openings: 1 Company Summary: We work in partnership with our customers to reduce IT complexity, protect and manage assets and enable IT organizations to provide a high level of service to their business. Our employees and partners strive to be the most proactive in the industry as we implement our customer focus strategy. That customer focus strategy is driven by the following core values: innovation, accountability, teamwork and trust. Thousands of customers worldwide actively use our proven solutions for systems lifecycle management, endpoint security management, and IT service management. LANDesk products are built upon our open Management Automation Platform, and research firms like Gartner and Forrester consistently rank LANDesk as an industry leader.

Position Summary: The Product Support Engineer (PSE) will assist in leading the technical responsibilities of the support team and be responsible to consistently communicate the big picture of business implications to others. They will understand and act on the particular constraints and challenges faced by LANDesk customers by providing consistent feedback to the support/services organization, the engineering organization and the product management group. The position will manage complex and highly political escalations to resolution. As a PSE, they will offer effective, informed advice on future deployments and be proactive in establishing and meeting the long-term needs of the customer. The PSE will also lead on-site assignments and deliver end-to-end solutions across multiple product components. They will follow up regularly and communicate with all stakeholders to ensure successful action plans are implemented. The PSE will successfully handle customer escalations that come to them from different escalation points in the company.

RESPONSIBLITIES/DUTIES

• Assists the support organization by facilitating resolution to customer issues and acting as the LANDesk technical expert
• Understands how the LANDesk Product is affected by environmental factors such as server performance, network topography, or 3rd party applications and influences customers to make major environmental changes to improve performance
• Researches upcoming releases that could impact the LANDesk product functionality and proactively identifies needs to be able to support these releases
• Influences the future direction of the product through providing distinct data on customer experience
• Influences engineering to make significant changes to product design to improve performance, stability and/or supportability
• Works with engineering to identify and implement utilities to help diagnose customer issues
• Assist other Technical Support Engineers with difficult and complex issues
• Creates and provides training on any LANDesk topic stability and/or supportability
• Proactively identifies areas of organizational knowledge gaps and facilitates or generates training to improve organizational results.
• Actively tracks and provides analysis around component issues that create customer issues
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders

QUALIFICATIONS:

Required Skills and Experience:
• Possesses 2 plus years’ experience working on LANDesk products
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Able to converse with highly technical engineering groups and also able communicate issues at the appropriate level for less technical audiences.
• Excellent time management, decision making and organization skills
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills
• Strong knowledge of networking
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client OS administration
• Experience with Mac, SQL/Oracle, programming and Linux/UNIX
• Ability to solve complex issues and manage critical customers/situations
• Strong **** and written communication skills
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team

Preferred Qualifications:
• Certified LANDesk Administrator/Engineer (CLA/CLE)
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
• Cisco network associate certification (CCNA)
• Oracle Database Administrator - Certified Associate (OCA)
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)

Education/ Licensing/Certification:
• 4 year BS/BA degree or equivalent experience

Relocation is not available

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
Thanks skidoox, That one is way over what I am qualified for, I am looking for an entry level IT position.

Does anyone know anybody on HAFB? Aircraft mechanics?

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
I would apply any way. They always ask for more qualification than they are look for.

Premium Features