• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D7 rear suspension question please help

R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
My 08 D7 163 has the stock springs but i replaced the shocks with a WE coil over clicker in the front and an assualt clicker in the rear both shocks have a fresh rebuild from Allsport in spokane. Every time i ride my suspension seems to be bottomed out and just sagging. Its been super cold but all my budddies 09 and 10 D8 163's are not saggin like mine. Did the 08's have weaker rear springs or are my springs worn out. Did allsport do a ****ty job of rebuilding my shocks? i know the rear shock is just a dampner and not suposed to hold the suspension upright and fully extended but it never seemd to be this bad when i first started riding this season! Any and all help would be appricieated i want to get this fixed so i can use this sled to its potential!!!!!!!
Seth

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Your shocks are probably fine, they do not hold the sled up like an air suspension, your springs do. Your factory torsion springs are probably sacked out and need replacement. I would recommend you go with the Polaris .375/47 springs. They will raise your sled back up and provide smooth travel.

N
Jan 5, 2010
Truckee , Ca
Just changed my springs out to the .375/47 and its amazing differance. Im a pretty big guy and the sag is very minimal. they run about $140 for the pair. you might want to just try turning your springs up too though.

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
call fastrax at 253-848-0908 ,they will set you up with the right springs for your weight and do there suspension mod. and your good to go

R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
I weigh about 210 geared up but then have a backpack and all my tools in my tunnel back and yatta yatta all wet and rideing my weight on sled is probably 230-240. I have my preload adjusters already on the highest setting. And even when nobodys on the sled it sags almost all the way down.

N
Jan 5, 2010
Truckee , Ca
then get the new springs from polaris. just tell your dealer you want the big boy springs and adjust them to your weight. there pretty firm so tune them down a little. belive me it will be night and day differance.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
then get the new springs from polaris. just tell your dealer you want the big boy springs and adjust them to your weight. there pretty firm so tune them down a little. belive me it will be night and day differance.

There are more than one size "big boy" springs. I have had .375/77's and now have .375/47's, some guys have ran the .405's but they are not made for the RMK skid. Personally, the .375/47's have been the best.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
what all does this spring do? just keep the rear from sagging? does it affect the ride quality deep snow performance? any other effects?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Yes it affects your ride. They are as much a part of your suspension as those $1000 shocks everyone buys. Compression and Rebound throughout the full suspension travel is controlled by the springs and shocks. $150 dollars worth of springs is money well spent.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I replaced my springs this year, Bought them from fasttrax, I only weigh 157lbs but my sled was sagging also, it works great now, also did a little adjustment they told me about, works great.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
The stock springs are flat out junk on any of the new RMK's, Switchbacks, and IQ's. Polaris needs to read this and install the next heavier ones from the factory!!! Only a boney 120lb kid and the stockers are fine. Excessive sag takes away from the comfort and overall rideability of the sleds.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Just picked up a holdover '10 Dragon Sat. night and had first ride yesterday. Even on a "break in ride" on the trails I found the rear springs to be lacking a bit, once I have a chance to get more miles on it I will re-visit the rear springs, an upgrade to the next heavier spring may be in order? First Polaris, perhaps the Dragon model has the heavier springs in from factory and turns out I'm a real fat azz? :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features