• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker Shootout

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
I have not yet had a chance to go, I plan on going this year. Where is the camping spot going to be (29 Ft MH with 2 place open)? How far from the ridable trail will we be? Do we need to bring up a separate pick up to trailer up? Is it advisable to get up there early Friday AM or Thurs evening?

Last edited:
R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
There will be a meeting this coming monday for the NWGC board to figure out what will be going on for the shootout do to limited snow. The shootout will be happening, this is to figure out the details of camping, parking and moving sleds back and forth to the snow. To have a good event will take everyones help and patients.

More details this next week.

E

R
Dec 1, 2007
Marysville, WA
Glad to hear that the shootout is a go. Been going for a few years now and its a blast. We will be there with a 36' motorhome and a two place also. look forward to more info on where we are camping and wether we need a tow rig to get to the snow or if the club can devise a plan for that.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
We all unload up at the turn-around then drive are cars down and park. Maybe Mr Prez can bring his golf cart and someone could drive people up and down...donations would be a great idear.

Someone's going to need to manage the parking though.

Rt

K
Nov 27, 2007
Lynnhood
Oh hey, I was thinking about bringing my Tahoe and white enclosed trailer up that weekend.

Is it still ok for me to park in the cul-de-sac at the end of the road? :devil:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Has there been any thought to having this earlier in the season, like January when there is riding from the snopark and possibly better snow conditions? then again the sunshine of the spring is nice but it seems to always be fogged in and raining the last couple years. :noidea:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I'd gladly pay that to not have to fight for parking on a one lane road or to have to ride a mile of dirt!!!!!!!!!

Hmm... I wonder if there is a small vehicle that someone has that would be willing to ferry people up and down... anyone... ?

You know, if this got smart you could build some ramps to side load the trailers. Have one big ramp at the bottom in the parking lot and another ramp up top for unloading. Put the ramps together with screws and minimize cutting and you could tear them apart and reuse them so you wouldn't be out the wood.

I think I am thinking too hard about this.. dang brain getting in the way again.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
I heard parking was going to be really tough this year so I took my rig up today.. I parked it in the turnaround,I hope thats ok.This thing is kind of a pain to manuver in tight areas. See everybody there!!:face-icon-small-sho

race trailer 011 791x700.jpg race trailer 013 791x700.jpg

A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
www.northwestglaciercruisers.com
Clubs been working to pull this off and the Forest Service permit has been applied for and issued. It's officially a go! The club will be meeting this Monday for a special session to hammer out the last of the details.

Thanks Mr. Prez for heading this up again

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
I heard parking was going to be really tough this year so I took my rig up today.. I parked it in the turnaround,I hope thats ok.This thing is kind of a pain to manuver in tight areas. See everybody there!!:face-icon-small-sho

the party trailer.
can u say stripper pole

Premium Features