• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Hatcher Pass Management Plan Draft Review

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
The public plan draft review dates are as follows:

Valley meeting - April 1st
Anchorage - April 6th

Here is the link to the DNR website with all the information related to the plan Revision.

Here is the link to download the complete 12.5 MB plan.
(if you visit the website link, you can pick and choose what peice of the plan you want to download, as the above file is pretty big.)

Public meetings are being planned for early April to present the plan and its recommendations for land use and guidelines. Following a presentation there will be an opportunity for the public to comment on the recommendations found in the plan. Comments can also be sent directly to the address below. To receive full consideration comments must be received by DNR before 5:00 pm on May 5, 2010.
Contact- Mail: DNR, Division of Mining, Land & Water
Resource Assessment and Development Section
550 West 7th Ave, Suite 1050
Anchorage, Alaska 99501-3579
Phone: (907) 269-8529 or Fax: (907) 269-8915 Email: dnr.mlw.hpmp@alaska.gov

If you cannot make it to the meeting / or would rather not get up in front and talk, make sure you email or use the online comment form below to make your voice heard.

<CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE COMMENT ENTRY FORM>

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
That first post was to provide as much information as possible to get people involved. I will be posting a sample letter/comment that people can 'borrow' and edit after I fully digest the plan(to the best of my ability) and look for positive and negative aspects.

If anyone on here sees positive/problem sections of this draft plan, please speak up, your opinion is valued.

After attending the Mat-Su meeting tonight, i have already seen/heard a few specific problem areas that I am going to address. I will be posting more in the near future.

Thanks - Travis

kev_alaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Hatcher Pass Management Plan

Travis, we also recieved a request from within DNR to include support for the North-South and East West Corridors in our comments. It appears that these corridors may have more support than was evident in the Mat-Su Borough meetings we all went to. I am just getting started reviewing as well. Some coordination is a great idea, maybe we need an informal gathering ( i can't believe I just suggested another meeting) to discuss paths forward. Lots of great information and hard work by a lot of people needs to be rewarded with good results. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

kevin hite

kev_alaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Public Meetings

Since the Anchorage Meeting is on the 6th, and that's the day we are leaving for Arctic Man, I will be attending the Wasilla meeting on thursday the first. If anyone wants more information before or after, I will be posting comments here prior to sending in our formal comments.

kevin hite

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
convenient for the non-motorized crowd that that the anchorage meeting is right when a lot of people will be leaving for artic man. to be corny,

be there or be square

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
Trav, are you a rEbAl?

Trav, can you re-post this over on the other site please? I can cut and paste with your permission but my PM box is full. It seems most Ak riders have transferred that direction. There is currently a post about the meeting, but without the DNR links.

Thanks

kev_alaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Reminder

Reminder bump for all of us who will be in Summit Lake next week during the Anchorage meeting. Tonight is Wasilla's meeting.

Premium Features