• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'02 600 Wear Rods, any SLC area dealers?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Hello everyone,

Quick question... loaded up sleds onto the trailer last night and noticed my wife's 600 had broken a wear rod (very worn down). I wrote down the sled info and sent her to the local polaris dealer near our house (Duff Shelly in AF). I let her take the other worn rod so they could make sure it matched. The people working there said they had no idea what the rod was, nor what ski it came off of. Said it was after market or something and all their rods are 3 bolt only. My wife called me with the news so I've started googling around doing more research.

I dont have the rod with me, but it has 4 bolts. I did a quick search on ebay for ski's of the same age as my wifes edge, and the following looks exactly like the ski on her 600 with the aluminum. I can even make out the 4 bolts for the rod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...60043149QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So my question is, is this the factory ski on the 600 or a replacement ski? I really dont care, I just need to find wear rods for it asap and knowing the exact ski would help tremendously. I can take detailed picts / measurements of the old rod tonight if needed.

Secondly, what other stores in the SLC area (where I work) might sell wear rods for it? With the extended weekend coming up, I'd really like to get new rods on it and ready to go.

Thanks in advance!!

-DallanC

D
Nov 26, 2007
I dont know y they told u that but those are polaris skis. they are the stock pro x ski.

Ok. Yea I cant believe they dont recognize it.

Whats odd is I've spent the last 30 minutes over the following site trying to find a ski that looks like hers... nothing seems to match, not even the Pro X models. I tried looking in '02, 03... '04 years too, 600s, 700s... cant see anything that takes the 4 bolt wear rod.

http://www.polarispartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/parts.aspx

If I cant locate something by friday I'll have to make temp rods out of some mild steel. They wont last very long but will get us out riding for the weekend.

-DallanC

D
Nov 26, 2007
Ok I measured the wear rod from the rear forward. Sorry for my crude drawing. Anyone know where in blazes I can locate a rod like this???

-DallanC

dimentions.jpg

Premium Features