• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short carb boots vs long carb boots

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
when putting a big bore motor in any chasis one of the challenges is to fine the appropriate carb boots. My seach is on the boot with the proper inside diameter that will give me the bet fit for the carbs relative to the steering post, bulk head, and other components under the hood. I also have found that the boots that take the oil injection line to the boot further complicates the search for the best boot. On my current project (PSI 890 into Edge chasis) I'm going with pre-mix and oil lines to the crankcase for the only reason of simplifying the search for the boot that provides the best fit for the carbs vs. steering post.

Once you find the best boot minor adjustments can be made for fit by a slight shim/tilt forward, backward or straight up.

I dont believe that longer vs. shorter or more angle vs. less angle has anything bearing on performance or better mix vs. poorer miix.

Last edited:
Premium Features