• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Board Braces

D
Jan 15, 2009
N.WI
I am coming off of a 2008 XP RS race sled with very stiff boards. The Summit XP boards seem very flimsy and easy to bend. I am considering the Ski Doo running board supports that go over the top and rivet to the side of the tunnel or the RS style braces that go under the boards. Any other ideas? Is the over the top style stiff enough? Thanks

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I am in the same boat as you. I am used to the race sled boards and now I have an 09 summit with bent boards. I put the over top style on my sled before ever riding it and in my opinion they barely help at all. Dont waist your money on them and just put the RS brackets on. The rear RS bracket does not fit with a 16" wide summit track without trimming the crap out of it though.

D
Jan 15, 2009
N.WI
I am in the same boat as you. I am used to the race sled boards and now I have an 09 summit with bent boards. I put the over top style on my sled before ever riding it and in my opinion they barely help at all. Dont waist your money on them and just put the RS brackets on. The rear RS bracket does not fit with a 16" wide summit track without trimming the crap out of it though.

Thanks for the info! Does the front brace fit? I spend most of the time on the front of the boards anyway. I was thinking about both top and bottom, but think that if the RS braces fit they would be adequate!

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Had the over the boards one on my renegade rev, boards bent. Have the under the board ones on my summit rev, boards bent. Next aveune is to put a solid piece of alum in the hollow outer edge.

D
Jan 15, 2009
N.WI
Had the over the boards one on my renegade rev, boards bent. Have the under the board ones on my summit rev, boards bent. Next aveune is to put a solid piece of alum in the hollow outer edge.

I talked to another guy that had the over the top style and still bent them. Thanks for the input!

E

ezimm

Dec 7, 2007
Hailey Id.
After you do your research on better boards and decide whether you want a set. I have a brand new set I will sell you for less than you can get them anywhere. Ill post pictures if your interested. eszimm@cox.net

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington

we put all of the Doo braces on and then bolt alum angle iron on the edge of the running boards

C
I have a set of RS front braces in my garage, i just have to install them, i'm sure they will fit, with a little modifying of the bracket. i have snow elimitators on the sled so i'll be using them in conjunction wiht them,

J
Oct 28, 2008
Draper, UT
I have the Better Boards on mine and it seemed to firm it up quite a bit as well as leave you with much better traction. When I'd go out riding, my stock boards didn't seem to get caked with snow as bad as some of my other friends on other brand machines and they were jealous how easily they could be kicked clean. But with the Better Boards, it's even "better"! The cleats (or whatever you wanna call them) that stick up are about the same height as the rail which makes it comfortable to stand on and gives tons of traction. Snow falls right through the bigger holes and snow that does end up on them gets kicked off pretty easily.

Jared

DSC07553.jpg DSC07554.jpg DSC07541.jpg DSC07542.jpg

Premium Features