• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017/18 Togwotee snow conditions

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

***Post pics helps alot if you have them!***

WEB CAMS

http://www.togwoteelodge.com/

http://www.brookslake.com/index.php/view-cam

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
netcam.jpg

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Me and a bunch of buddies are gonna drive 2,000 miles to ride there on January 15th can you tell me what the conditions are going to be like?

HAHAHAHA J/K :)

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Find any land mines how deep is it?

AJPRORMK

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Find any land mines how deep is it?

Couple hidden rocks and logs. The worst of it seems to be covered. We had one guy in our group take out an a arm crossing a creek and snagged a rock. Other than that, 3 days of riding and really haven't hit anything hidden under the surface.

Drainages and protected areas have 4-5 feet of snow. Open areas probably vary from 1-3 feet. Lakes and ponds are definitely unsafe right now so be careful if you're around those. Temp into the low 30s today so it should start to set up a bit the next few days and set a good base for the rest of the year. All in all, i think it's mid-late December snow conditions around the pass. I'll try and put a few pictures up, as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 245
J
Jan 28, 2008
alpine, ut
How is the snow currently? Thinking of heading out Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday. I heard they had some rain over the last two days just wondering if any of that turned to snow. Will be driving out from Utah.

J

Jordanbarnes44

Jan 4, 2017
How is the snow currently? Thinking of heading out Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday. I heard they had some rain over the last two days just wondering if any of that turned to snow. Will be driving out from Utah.

Wondering the same...heading out Thursday to ride Friday through Tuesday...hoping they get some fresh. We are not locked in on location yet but in that area...

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Cabin rentals

Looking for cabin rental suggestions. Been spoiled with amenities in I.P.
8 guys and need to rent 2 sleds. So far I have found 2 near crooked creek bout $300/night. Is there anything near tog?

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Got it

Booked a cabin near crooked creek. Now where is the best boondocking? I love technical more than steel. Getting old! Where is the best place to explore?
I know I.P. like the back of my hand. 1st time in TOG, but have been to alpine.

Premium Features