• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Tracker3 Software: Easier to Use, Diagnostics Self-Testing, and No More “Super Ma

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
New Tracker3 Software: Easier to Use, Diagnostics Self-Testing, and No More “Super Ma

New Tracker3 Software: Easier to Use, Diagnostics Self-Testing, and No More “Super Mario”

BCA-T3-software-update-940x660.jpg

BCA is pleased to announce the release of a new software package for our Tracker3 avalanche transceiver. The new software version not only improves T3 performance, but enables you to test the performance of your T3 using a personal computer. And if you didn’t like the cute “Super Mario” sounds your T3 was making, you’re in luck: Tracker3’s new audible sounds in search mode are more “serious,” like our Tracker2.
This is the first consumer-upgradeable software package in the industry, meaning it can be downloaded from a PC rather than bringing the transceiver to a dedicated retail service center.
The version 3.3 software offers the following upgrades:

• Electronic diagnostics to test the calibration, power consumption, and tuning of your Tracker3—especially valuable for fleet owners documenting their fleet inspection programs.
  • Enhanced range for signal suppression: increased consistency of signal suppression when the next-strongest signal is greater than 20 meters away.
  • Buffered Big Picture mode, enabling the user to more easily discern the distance and direction of each signal as they are shown in the display in Big Picture mode.
  • Traditional sound package, using the same audible effects as Tracker2 when displaying distance and direction.
Please note that you must download and install the program first before using any of the features above can be activated.

Sample T3 Self-Diagnostic Report.
Version 3.3 can be downloaded by going to http://backcountryaccess.com/tracker-3-software-update/ and following the instructions for downloading the Tracker3 Utility. You will need a micro-USB cable that extends from the USB port on your personal computer to the micro-USB port inside the T3 battery compartment.
The download can only be performed using PC-compatible desktop and laptop computers, not Apple devices.
For questions, please contact BCA Customer Service at info@backcountryaccess.com or
call_skype_logo.png
(303)417-1345, x2.

http://backcountryaccess.com/new-tr..._campaign=JANUARY+2016+BLAST&utm_medium=email
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
be warned you need windows 8-10 to run it. I am having an issue with my brand new Transceiver and have no way I can download and run the update. I am not sure it would even fix the issue. it is killing batteries in 6 days in the off position. I turn it on and off everyday to check and it loses +/- 10% of the battery power when turned off. The manual says it has 250 hours in the transmit mode. i get 144 hours when the transceiver in the OFF position. I have emailed customer service but have not heard anything back from them at all. However i did receive an email with just a link to the update with no explanation or comment on my issue. I went to the site and that is when i found out that it only works on windows 8-10. Not very happy with the purchase so far

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
call them

Backcountry Access
2820 Wilderness Place, Unit H
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
Tel: 303-417-1345
Weekdays, 9 am-5pm MTN

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i did my updated both of mine last night. i found it was picky about the order in which you opened the BCA software, plugged in the transceiver, and turned on the transceiver. the directions are kind of "blah", but make sure and follow them to a TEE........otherwise it will keep giving you an error. the first one took me 20 minuntes, the second one took me less than 5 minutes.

make sure to run the self test when done, save the test results on your desktop, and view them. it doesnt necessarily tell you that you transceiver is working 100%, but it does tell you if there are any firmware errors with the internal "computer" on the unit. test function with another transceiver when complete

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
call them

Backcountry Access
2820 Wilderness Place, Unit H
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
Tel: 303-417-1345
call_skype_logo.png
303-417-1345
Weekdays, 9 am-5pm MTN

VERY GOOD ADVICE.
BCA has some great people to work with there.

Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That was my next plan of attack just wanted to post i was having an issue to see if anyone else would pipe in and know a fix. I will call them the next time i have a chance to see if they know what is going on and/or what i can do.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Update!!! I Called them today. i talked with Mary Kate in their warranty department and they are going to go ahead and ship me a brand new one with the updates no questions asked. I just need to send mine back with their RMA number. Nice to deal with a company that stands behind their product.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Update!!! I Called them today. i talked with Mary Kate in their warranty department and they are going to go ahead and ship me a brand new one with the updates no questions asked. I just need to send mine back with their RMA number. Nice to deal with a company that stands behind their product.
BCA really are good people to work with.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
be warned you need windows 8-10 to run it. I am having an issue with my brand new Transceiver and have no way I can download and run the update. I am not sure it would even fix the issue. it is killing batteries in 6 days in the off position. I turn it on and off everyday to check and it loses +/- 10% of the battery power when turned off. The manual says it has 250 hours in the transmit mode. i get 144 hours when the transceiver in the OFF position. I have emailed customer service but have not heard anything back from them at all. However i did receive an email with just a link to the update with no explanation or comment on my issue. I went to the site and that is when i found out that it only works on windows 8-10. Not very happy with the purchase so far
The portable they are using in the image above is running windows 7, as I am as well. I ran the software without any problems.

Premium Features