• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800 motor problem

S
Jan 26, 2010
i have a 07 800 summit was riding motor quit tried to start motor was locked up pulled belt could turn motor over going backwards only.pulled head and jugs all looks good now i can turn over by hand but will bind up at times any ideas

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Crank bearings is the problem, how many miles on the crank? I highly recommend the case mod for this issue.

Contact Big John at Sled Head Racing, he knows these 07's like you wouldn't believe.

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Crank bearings is the problem, how many miles on the crank? I highly recommend the case mod for this issue.

Contact Big John at Sled Head Racing, he knows these 07's like you wouldn't believe.

What he said. John did mine and couldn't be Happier!

W
Mar 9, 2012
Had the same thing happen to my 07 two years ago and it was the center crank bearings seized. Was told by the local ski doo shop that the line bore on the case was bad on 07-09 motors and it was just a matter of luck how long they would last. No machine shops would touch the case so ended up buying a new short block from BRP for $2000 out the door with one year warranty and haven't had any problems yet. (knock on wood) The first motor went down with 26xx miles on it and have over 1000 on the new one.

T
Jan 30, 2011
07 engine problems

check crank run out becouse it was common to have the cranks bend on 07-08 mods, skidoo lightend the cranks too much... lived that problem myself

Premium Features