• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Black Ops W/fan

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Spent 3 days riding in snowy to foggy and freezing fog conditions! Had low light to poor viability and some clearer times as well...no blue bird though.

I have the smoked polarized lenses and I did not change goggles the whole trip! At times I thought I should change to my yellow lenses..but out of laziness I did not! I can say that I enjoyed the 509's and I would recommend them to anyone!!

I Never once fogged up completely...there were times when I stopped that I would fog from the nose up a little but the fan kept up with it and did a good job...I used the fan on automatic and fully on...!

Comfort level was great..didn't need to adjust a lot or nor did they get loose..

Field of vision was a little restricted due to the fan at the top...but were not any worse than my old Scotts.

One thing that I had to get use to was when you stopped and turned off your sled you could hear the fan running and it was.....well...something you have to get use to....nothing too annoying for me!

All in all I am very happy with this goggle and fan set up!!

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I have a pair, no fan, but i love them. But the lense is super dark, so for me, they only come out on nice sunny days. Otherwise i wear the sinister with the clear yellow lense. I ran the mirror yellow and its good too, but the mirror part wears off and they look like hell, and get hard to see through. all in all, some of the best goggles I've had, and I've had a ton!

Premium Features