• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 Prox 440 ???

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
What is the grease zerk behind the primary? What type of grease is used there and how often. Thanks

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
That is how the PTO side bearing gets lubed. I have never run one so not sure on how often to grease.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
What is the grease zerk behind the primary? What type of grease is used there and how often. Thanks

Its just a filler for where the outer line fitting would go. You dont need to do anything with it, DO NOT put grease in it.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I thought that the 01 had oil injection and it lubed everything but the PTO.. the original zirk in there was basically a plug, but I thought there was a way to use it to lube the bearing.. I could surely be wrong though.. I just heard all of this.. Never had any experience with these motors at all..

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Makes sense.. I guess me and Hardass can both learn something about this.. Thanks!:high5:

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
This does not have injection So ? Some say yes others no?

The case is drilled for oil injection. The zert is just a filler where the line braid fitting would go. If you put grease in it its going to pop out the seal and possibly burn down the engine as it sucks in air. If your going to put something in it use a syringe with a small hose on it and inject a real small amount of oil into it. Its not really necessary though, ive ran several of these engines and never done a thing with it. They all made it several thousand miles on the crank end anyway.

Premium Features