• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 600 RMK

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
My GF's sled is a hog on gas. If I don't go riding tomorrow, I'll pull the plugs a take a look. Her sled is bone stock, good belt and new this season NGK Irridiums. It runs great as well.

Now for the sake of discussion, if the plugs look rich (dark) and with the knowledge that she pretty much runs mostly around 6000 - 7000 RPMs would lowering the needdle one position be the right move? I've been out of working with powersports carbs for 10+ years.

Went out today and my 09 700 RMK used a 1/2 a tank with some hill climbs and off the trail excursions and her sled used 3/4 of a tank with staying on the trail most of the time. We rode for about a guesstimated 50 miles. I always forget to reset the trip meter.

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
first change to the recommend spark plug CHAMPION RN57Y CC
the champion plug was made for that ignition and i have found no other plug comes close on performance. change plug connectors too every year or ever 500 miles.
check choke plunger's.

My GF's sled is a hog on gas. If I don't go riding tomorrow, I'll pull the plugs a take a look. Her sled is bone stock, good belt and new this season NGK Irridiums. It runs great as well.

Now for the sake of discussion, if the plugs look rich (dark) and with the knowledge that she pretty much runs mostly around 6000 - 7000 RPMs would lowering the needdle one position be the right move? I've been out of working with powersports carbs for 10+ years.

Went out today and my 09 700 RMK used a 1/2 a tank with some hill climbs and off the trail excursions and her sled used 3/4 of a tank with staying on the trail most of the time. We rode for about a guesstimated 50 miles. I always forget to reset the trip meter.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Also, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on this sled as the plan is to trade it in for a new 2012 for me or a newer CFI version of a 600 RMK next fall and let her ride my 700 RMK.

L
Dec 2, 2007
Elizabeth, CO
You should have 310 mains and the needle clip on the second clip from the top.
I've seen one of those '02 600's with the clip on the third position, and that is a gas guzzling choice.

Mid range jetting is mainly where your fuel economy comes from, especially on a female trail-ridden sled.

Premium Features