• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 sinister goggles- Pros and Cons?

D

dieseldog800

Nov 24, 2005
Bancroft, Nebraska
Looking for any input on 509 sinister goggles. Looking at a blue tint if they make them or the black ops polarized lens. Are they both dual lens to prevent fogging? Is one lens better for night than the other? Thanks!

Jager Bomb 243

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2009
Deforest Wisconsin
I have had my 509 sinisters for 2 seasons now and i have no complaints at all. I have used the chrome and yellow lenses, blue and orange lenses, and i haven't tried my new black ops goggles. I would recommend the yellow tint lenses they are really good for night IMO.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Looking for any input on 509 sinister goggles. Looking at a blue tint if they make them or the black ops polarized lens. Are they both dual lens to prevent fogging? Is one lens better for night than the other? Thanks!

Both dual lens to prevent fogging.

I will be trying the Black Ops and the blue's on Sat and will give a report. The clear would be the choice for me for night riding. Although I wore the stock mirrored lens at night with good results.

riding at night is FUN
http://www.youtube.com/user/tudizzle?feature=mhum#p/u/18/KHui7ZRKbm8

The Black ops are a polarized lens so there should be significant differences.

F
Apr 28, 2009
Turner,MT
509 sinister

I have the helmet and goggles with polarized lenses. Love them!! The only complaint I have with the whole set up is, with the nose piece on, they don't fit into 509's case they sell. Other than that no complaints at all!:face-icon-small-coo

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
3 years on my sinisters without any problems at all. Lens are a pain in the *** to change when you get new ones but most goggles are like that or the lens wants to fall out all the time just takes some practice. Just got me new black ops today and I cannot wait to ride! they are the sickest goggles Ive ever seen. Experimented with the polarized lens sometoday in the white out and it was pretty dang good.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Got a few days under my belt with the Black ops... unfortunately they have all been in stormy days.

Just a hint to dark for my liking on an overcast day...have had great results with the blues and even better with non mirrored yellow.

The polarized Black ops should shine on those sunny days though!

Great vision with blues on this day...and it was DARK.....

Premium Features