• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Summit 800

L
Aug 20, 2009
Was just wanting to get some input on what kind of extras to put on this. It's gonna come with a can and Boss seat all ready. I have a pretty small budget ($400). Was thinking of getting a high flow intake and pre-filter. Is there anything else I should get? Was thinking of using my remaining money to get some V-Force III reeds.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
mod list

Hey man congrats on the sled. I have had a couple 06s and decided to keep the black one for another year... its that good and so I can't make myself spend the money on something else... yet. now if I won the lottery... :)

As for the "list" here are a couple "do and don't" from my opinion. I'm sure others have their experience (or just sure they know everything) and will offer more ideas.

DON'Ts: no pipe or reeds or pods unless you mod the motor. simple and saves you money w/o costing reliability. most of us can't even ride the sled to it's fullest anyway... don't believe me, put chris barrant (sp? sorry chris) or anyone like him on a stock sled and the average joe on a mod sled and he will still out ride him in the trees or places other than a drag race on the flats or straight up hill.

Doo's :
- Clutches make the sled. Big John or DJ have good solutions. I had mine done at Wellers in UT. Love it! add a set of quick clickers for easy on the snow tuning and you're set
- Vents!!! lots of vents! JC Customs in pocatello is a great product and a fun guy to ride with. TOTALLY standsby his stuff and I have beat them pretty hard in the trees. Big vents equal big cool air... good for clutch and motor. there are others that are good 2COOL air vents have lots of fans and are nice folks out of the boise area. I also have flow rites on top in pod area and the back of the shock towers.

- Get a Can (I like HPS) loud doesn't equal power.
- Sno Eliminators or better boards. I have Sno Es and love them. Rob didn't have the boards for my sled when I did it so... he's a good guy and tons of people swear by his products so... you can't go wrong. goal is to open up the holes so snow drops down and not pile by your feet.
- I got different skiis. Like the simmons I but others have their opinion so...
- get rid of the stabilizer / torsion bar. makes it easy to roll over but changes trail manners... who likes trails anyway. ;)
- pull the foam out of the engine bay area. FREE mod that drops weight, increases air flow (both totally minimal) and snow/water can't stick to it...
- I filed the stop a bit on my riser. if you look at it, there is a stop at the front bottom that stops forward movement. a little round file work and the bars are a bit more verticle. FREE mod... but it only takes a little, don't over do it. saves the cost of a riser and new cables or extensions.
- 2 wheel kit. tons to choose from... I love Smitty built (dootalk guy) rear axle. had another brand but always had problems with it coming loose. the new one is offset so make sure you get it in the right way... get bigger (8 or 9") wheels to go with it.
- I like my drop brackets. It took me a bit to figure out the suspension set up after doing this mod. Again SMITTY Built is the way to go and he was sooo cool on the phone, took time to talk to me and even sent me a thermostat delet kit for a sweet price as a package deal. great guy!
- lefty throttle... don't use it much but not to have in a pinch... sometimes it sticks and i've heard bad stories about that. I keep the safety pin in till i need it or make sure it isn't stickin' in a place that WFO throttle is ok. :rolleyes:

There's more... but that should get you started. first mod is a clutch (if not already done) and a can (if not done) then vents, boards...

cya, HAULER

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
Duuhh

So i looked again and you said it comes with a Boss seat (love mine) and a can... both great mods.

- so clutches (if needed)
- vents (JC Customs)
- 2 wheel kit (Smitty built)
- Quick clickers (I also like their cable scratchers... great customer service!!)
- Drop brackets (Smitty built)
- Free mods (foam, bars...)

ON MY DREAM LIST: RKT drop in kit, maybe 162x16, hyvo gear (drop 1-2 teeth for longer track) and the obvious... TURBO! haha

good luck, H

L
Aug 20, 2009
If i remember correctly, I believe it has the 2 wheel. The vents were all ready a for-sure thing. For the clutch kits do you have to go to UT or ID to get them installed? Thank you very much for the input =)

Premium Features