• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First snowbike !

D
Nov 3, 2014
I test rode a few last year and decides to take the plunge. I picked up a 14 ktm xc-f with 15 hrs for $5500 and a 16 timbersled lt le with the tss shock for $4400. I'm excited to get this beast put together. I have tried to search for must haves but my phone won't let me type in the search bar. It keeps disappearing. Do far I've concluded I need a thermostat and gauge, fuel programmer?, and some sort of engine cover to keep snow out. What other "must haves should I invest in or upgrades. Any brands to avoid for these items? Thanks in advance.

Ps I have no pictures at the moment cause the bike is being hidden at a buddies house. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You have a pretty solid list of goodies.

Thermostat - If you want to spend the extra coin the Raze heated handlebars work amazing, they are spendy but you do get a thermostat with it, so more overall bang for your buck. Again not cheap but they are pretty amazing.
Engine shroud
intake is already dialed with TSS
Good hand guards - smashing through trees gets old fast when your hands are exposed.
Fork springs, or an air-pro setup to help keep it up in the stroke.
Bigger pegs are a plus but by no means a required item.
Cushy seat-your *** will get tougher but a bigger seat is a nice mod.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I test rode a few last year and decides to take the plunge. I picked up a 14 ktm xc-f with 15 hrs for $5500 and a 16 timbersled lt le with the tss shock for $4400. I'm excited to get this beast put together. I have tried to search for must haves but my phone won't let me type in the search bar. It keeps disappearing. Do far I've concluded I need a thermostat and gauge, fuel programmer?, and some sort of engine cover to keep snow out. What other "must haves should I invest in or upgrades. Any brands to avoid for these items? Thanks in advance.

Ps I have no pictures at the moment cause the bike is being hidden at a buddies house. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

What I have on my 14.5 KTM 450 FE SXF:
- Fastway pegs
- Thermostat
- Heated grips
- Higher output battery
- Pr2 ECU (best thing that I did to it)
- Fisher seat (your base built into a great saddle for snowbike use)
- Tachometer (not necessary but I like it)
- Larger gas tank (you may have that on your bike)
- Handguards (wraparound with metal connection to bars)
- Rekluse clutch (personal preference item)
- Rear fender tool bag
- Jumper battery (I never used it but, with no kickstarter, it seemed necessary
- Rear gas can (I have a Yeti kit so I had to use their can. It is expensive but it holds 4 gallons and it mounts further forward than the others which keeps the weight off of the back. It will not work on a TS.)

I am having a Thumper Racing 520 big bore put in mine now with a ported head. More torque and power is going to be nice. Good luck and have fun!

Premium Features