• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev 144" skid "snapping back" Like no shock. WHATS THE DEAL ? ? ?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
First ride of the season today and it feels as if the shock was removed from the skid on my sled. It wants to buck me off when hitting small whoops. Could this be a need to rebuild the shocks? Or could it have something to do with the limiter strap adjustment? I did monkey with the strap a little this summer but I'm not sure if that would make this happen.

Any Suggestions? :confused: :confused:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Have you rebuilt your rear shocks in the last 1000 miles? That's about as long as they last until a seal goes. Then, depending on where the oil went, you either have the "limp noodle" action or the "rebar" effect.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
soooo I'm guessing this is a shock thing and not a setup thing. Havent re-built any of my shocks. But I've only had the sled one season. But thats probably the deal. So second question is where should I get them rebuilt and how much will it cost?

Thanks for the reply whitefish.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
is your summit an x model or a standard model? if you have a x model they can be rebuilt but a standard adrenaline model you will have to buy a new rear shock because they are not rebuildable

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Check the throttle rod. It is the rod that parallel's the shock. I have sheared off several bolts on that rod and it causes the skid to ride like a pogo stick because the shock becomes ineffective.

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
First ride of the season today..............

Any Suggestions? :confused: :confused:

My guess - First ride of the season is your best clue, shock leaked down over the summer and has no rebound left in it, you are riding on the spring and getting the pogo effect.

Time for a new shock.

You indicated that you played with the limiter........if you lengthened it wayy out then it might have something to do with it also, put the limiter back to the original position and see what happens, you'll know right away.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
Yeah I think its the shock. When I did the Hyfax change out I removed the skid. So When I used a ratchet strap to compress the skid to get it back in maybe that was "the straw that broke the camels back" eh? Probly sat all summer then that did it. O well. It IS an "X" package so maybe I'll just get'em all rebuilt while its early season.

Sound good?

BTW that describes it perfectly. POGO! :)

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
It's the shock.

My summit did the same thing, the shock started leaking and then it was done. now it's a springboard. I haven't fixed it yet. but I took the shock off and it was waisted.

Premium Features